Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: REALLY struggling this month, please look at 6 hands

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2. I play this exactly the same way and think it is much better than a push. I am suprised other posters said push. This raise will probably steal the blinds a significant amount of times and against the shorter stacks it puts them all in. If things do get crazy you can dump it and still have a lot of chips left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Putting in 1/3 of your stack with the plan of dumping if BB pushes does not leave you with a lot of chips, particularly considering that you're UTG and will be in the BB next hand, in prime position to be stolen from by the huge stack on your right. If pushing feels too risky, then a limp is probably best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said anything about folding if the big stack pushes. And if you do you are still 2nd in chips even after posting the BB. The big stack will push with pretty much the same range of hands that will call an all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not going to fold when the bigstack pushes, then why the hell not push yourself!? Thats a terrible line if you plan on simply calling the all-in!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't advocate folding when the big stack pushes. However, if the big stack is super tight you will save yourself from busting by not pushing all in. And you will also prevent busting out when the remaining 3 players move all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

so why not limp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you won't be able to steal the blinds (something I am assuming will happen at a fairly high rate). Also limping allows the short stacks to push.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:33 AM

1C5 I tried to send you a private message but your inbox is full.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:58 AM

1) On the turn, MP1 either has you crushed with KK, QQ, or AJ, or is a total idiot. The river bailed you out of one of those hands. He's probably an idiot though given the buy-in and all that small raising. 200 minimum.

2) I open all-in. If that's my BB and you do that, I'm pushing any two back and you're probably correct to fold then.

3) You did exactly what I would have done. I think there is very little difference between your play and just calling over all and these aren't the kinds of hands you should worry about.

4) I raise all-in on that flop. If your chips are going in, they might as well all go in when you have the best chance to be way ahead, or something.

5) Easy call. You're ahead of top pair, and there's a big chance he's betting a flush draw (maybe with a little something else, maybe not) that isn't actually good.

6) I make the flop bet about 3/4 of the pot rather than 1/2. Very few players at the 22's are capable of committing a lot of their chips on a turn bluff, even if their opponent has shown weakness. That being said, the turn bet is still a good blocker in case he's hiding a monster. The check on the river is compulsory.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6. All streets was kind of lost here including the river.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP2 (t1733)
MP3 (t1110)
CO (t807)
Button (t725)
SB (t920)
Hero (t750)
UTG (t240)
UTG+1 (t665)
MP1 (t1050)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, T.
3 folds, MP2 calls t30, 3 folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t90) 6, K, 5 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t45, MP2 calls t45, SB calls t45.

Turn: (t225) 9 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets t75, MP2 folds, SB calls t75.

River: (t375) 2 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: t375

[/ QUOTE ]
Hand 6: I would bet the river, maybe 125-150. Also I would often check on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand sometimes checking this flop. I would then check-call the turn and lead at the river. The problem I have with betting the flop, turn, and river is that you're setting yourself up for a big check-raise on the river that you really don't want to deal with. At that point, you'll have no idea where you stand with a lot of chips at stake.