Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 04:47 AM

Default Re: 400nl AK line

[ QUOTE ]
I think you gotta fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why we're folding TPTK just because somebody leads into us on the flop.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you gotta fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why we're folding TPTK just because somebody leads into us on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm advocating a fold because I have no idea what to do when the turn bricks and villain still leads. I think a good villain will be open pushing whether he has a draw or a set in this spot. I guess if he checks a blank turn I am probably putting him on AJ or AQ. Then again, he's tricky, so maybe he has a set. It's just a shitty spot IMO.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:55 AM

Wow, you guys really play into his aggressiveness. Don't you think he's using both his image and his position to stop you from reraising, being scared of a reraise from him, while he in fact has a flush and/or straight draw? As said, the problems start with the small pfr. Still, I'd be in for a reraise and a good bet on the turn in case of a blank. I'd probably fold if he reraises the flop once again or bets out big on the turn himself. If he has semi-bluff (re)reraised before, I'd fold the flop.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:25 PM

The most likely hand for a tight player to call with on the sb against a raise is a pocket pair. He could also have AJs or AQs and want to protect his hands against the draw heavy-board. A suited connector is also possible, but I dont think he would usually try to semi-bluff a draw in a 4 way Ace high raised pot. He could go for the 3-bet combo draw all-in, but I havent seen it a lot at this level.

So, for me the best option is to call his bet and evaluate on the turn. If you raise you will make him fold a weaker ace most of the time and get yourself to get stacked against a set. If he really have a combo draw and go all-in you are in a bad spot also. So I would call as it make your opponent to go further in the hand with more hands that you beat.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:31 PM

This is not a recommendation but a question.

Is it possible for hero to represent pocket AA? If he just calls the flop raise, and pushes all-in if the turn is not a club. Or pushes over top the flop raise.

If vilian has A w/weaker kicker - according to Slansky (Theory of Poker) you dont mind taking this down now - the pot is large enough to be happy.

If you go all-in do the following hands fold?
AKo
Old 10-31-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
about the actual hand it self.

I think folding is good. solid player isn't betting into 3 players with less than 50% equity draws/ 2 pair/ sets so basically your only chance to wager money with decent edge is to push blank turn vs his 50% draws, but there's not much way to figure that out w/o committing your self at any point postflop.

it looks like even money or underdog situation so I think you should pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is very exploitable, why wouldn't villian lead with a flush draw/some kind of ace/air here? the limpers can't really call/raise without a very big hand with the pre flop raise left to act, they're effictivly out of the hand.

Or, maybe villian is leading with a weaker ace, testing the waters to see if it's good. Remember, hero just raised 2 limpers on the button, that doesn't mean that much preflop at 6-max.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:46 PM

A fold here is WEAK. I can't believe you avised that. If you always tuck your tail between your legs and run away in situations like this you will lose plenty of $ you should have won. Villain is aggressive and could have many hands here.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:29 PM

How about raise his flop bet to around $150. If he calls, which I dont think he will, you probably want to try to get a cheap showdown. This is one of those situations where you will need to raise to see where you stand. If he then three bets you, you gotta give him credit for a better hand and fold. If you fold here in this position to a tricky player then your missing out on too much. If he was a real rock then you can maybe lay it down, but to a tricky player, his hand range can be too wide to fold here without more information. I say raise and hope him and the limpers fold.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If vilian has A w/weaker kicker - according to Slansky (Theory of Poker) you dont mind taking this down now - the pot is large enough to be happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you knew she had a weaker A, you would want to have her call when you go all-in, as you are way ahead.

[ QUOTE ]
If you go all-in do the following hands fold?
AKo

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of these hands, the only one that might fold is the only one I want to fold, but the others call me every time.
Old 10-31-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A fold here is WEAK. I can't believe you avised that. If you always tuck your tail between your legs and run away in situations like this you will lose plenty of $ you should have won. Villain is aggressive and could have many hands here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think, then? Do you call and re-evaluate? If you raise, do you call a 3-bet all in? If you called and he open pushes any turn, what do you do?