Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: A6s with pair & flush draw on flop

No point in pumping the pot more. Just call down with the crazy odds being offered. Theres no way a cap will buy you a free card.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:34 PM

Can someone explain why capping here is a good move. Because you are a favourite at this point?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Back to the action:

Hero did indeed raise (as apparently planned since he had a good feeling that the button would bet, and wanted to build the pot). The button three bet. The first limper called, and the second limper folded.

Action back to Hero. (Pot now contains 18.5 small bets)

Hero... ??

[/ QUOTE ]

You have the equity to cap, though doing so could make the turn a little awkward those times you don't improve.

If you don't think Button will freeze up on a turn scare card, then I think calling now and going for a turn checkraise on a card that improves you is something to consider.

But I'd probably just cap the flop and then awkwardly check the turn on a blank.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No point in pumping the pot more. Just call down with the crazy odds being offered. Theres no way a cap will buy you a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

button likely has on overpair, you have 14 outs to improve against that, your equity edge is great 3 way, if he has a set your in worse shape, but thats not likely from the previous action, plus some players will think after capping and checking the turn, you are going for another c/r so you might buy a free card too
Old 10-25-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain why capping here is a good move. Because you are a favourite at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have two opponents and will improve to aces over sixes or better a little over half of the time, with two cards to come.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a pretty damn big equity edge.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:07 PM

I'm also confused about whether this is an auto-cap.

If you are behind, you have 14 outs to improve, which means that you are _worse_ than 2:1 to improve on the turn. Strictly speaking, capping the turn is a 2:1 proposition since there are only two others in hand besides you at this point. So, from a pure odds perspective, there is no gain from capping.

On the other hand, there are two possible benefits to capping 1) it might buy you a free card; 2) it adds some deception value for one more small bet.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you are behind, you have 14 outs to improve, which means that you are _worse_ than 2:1 to improve on the turn. Strictly speaking, capping the turn is a 2:1 proposition since there are only two others in hand besides you at this point. So, from a pure odds perspective, there is no gain from capping.

On the other hand, there are two possible benefits to capping 1) it might buy you a free card; 2) it adds some deception value for one more small bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

cap, because you are better than 1 in 3 to win the pot and the pot has 3 people left.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? It's 1.9:1 against you to make the nut flush alone by the river, much less trip 6s or aces up. Are you ever NOT going to see the river in this pot? With two other players in this is the easiest cap for value ever.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:07 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

This is a 4/8 game so many of the things I look for I'd probably just ignore.

First part of this question, I bet into the preflop raiser. IF he faces the field with two cold, I really don't care especially if he'll do it with overcards. He is going to see a 3rd bet from me no matter how many players call. The pot is decent size anyway and will be worth winning either way. In general when I have an equity edge money is going into the pot.

On the second half, if I checkraised I would probably cap it unless we can narrow the other hand down to sets or aces(some players you can). I would also note the people who played soft through this action, because if they change their stripes on the next round we can safely discount many outs and limit what we call with on the river.