Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2003, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Missing value bets?

this is why i don't like the flop cap

Elsium - I'm starting to hate the whole hand.

Here's my thinking. I flop top pair but there are three hearts on board. Yes, maybe I'm chasing a bigger pair and if so perhaps I should have folded. (Keep in mind though that the pot is a decent size already and there is a cold-caller involved). If I am to continue, hoping to hit one of my five outs it's imperative I at least try to force out the button who almost certainly is on a flush draw. The only way to do that is by raising. If he has a heart I've only got three outs so the choice on the flop and beyond, for me, is too either fold or raise.

Also, I wasn't certain the sb had me until he bet out on the turn. I think my raise was good there because 1) he cannot be certain I don't have a hand like AhKx, or even AhAx, unless he has it. His failure to reraise told me he didn't. 2) It's highly unlikely he'll bet into me on the river. 3)There's still a slight chance the button will fold.

the button had what, AQo

I suspect you're right but I think the A was a heart, which makes makes my failure to bet on the river even more of a tragedy. Thanks for your analysis.

Billy

Old 06-09-2003, 03:41 AM

Default I hate to say this...

But this was one ugly hand. You put in like umpteentrillion bets with a sweaty poodle and then couldn't find even one when you made your hand.

I swear... online players seem to just be maniacs... live players simply don't play this way, at least in my experience. The SB told you like 20 times that AJ was no good... it must be because the raise button is too close to the fold button...
Old 06-09-2003, 04:02 AM

Default Re: I hate to say this...

But this was one ugly hand. You put in like umpteentrillion bets with a sweaty poodle and then couldn't find even one when you made your hand.

There it is in a nutshell. Thanks to all. Billy