Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 04:40 PM

Default Re: $11 Rebuy.How much at first break would make the addon not worthwh

[ QUOTE ]
(i'm not sure if you believe i'm wrong, or if you were just trying to prove me wrong)

[/ QUOTE ] I'm not certain if I believe that you're wrong. I just think that, counter-intuitively, it is possible that you are wrong. So I guess I was playing devil's advocate. Slow work day here.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

#6: 2000 chips at the end of the add-on period could easily be worth 8000 - 16000 chips by the time you get to the final table, if you double up 3 or 4 times before you get to the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this point actually cuts against your argument. If you're ahead of the field, the number of times you can double is likely to be fewer, because fewer people cover you. You'll have to wait for the field to catch up before those chips can grow.

Conversely, if you're behind the field, those extra chips are far more likely to be doubled multiple times.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the big money is at the final table. Your chances at the final table are minimally affected by going from, say, 57K to 59K when the blind levels are going to be 75-150.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree they are minimally effected, but we are talking thousands of dollars at the final table, so a minimal effect could increase your expectation by more than $10.