Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: (LC) 500th SNG Stats (22s)

Push damn near every hand, especially when it's 150/300 and up. You have a little room for play at 100/200.

Most players at the 22s play too tight for heads up. Sometimes they'll complete the SB. I push when I have a decent holding and check to a flop with rags. If I hit the flop and they're short stacked, I check to induce a bluff. They usually go for it since the pot is nearly half their stack.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:28 PM

Another pointer is that you should stick to making one post, not one for each paragraph [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 01:33 PM

I wouldn't say they're incredible. But thanks. Here we go:

Early - 10/15-15/30

I limp QJ, KJ, KQ from mide and late position. I limp AT-AQ from early and usually fold them to a raise. I limp pairs and fold them to raises. I push TT-JJ and AK over a lot of limps and raises from late position. I re-raise standard raises to about 150-200 with QQ-AA. They almost always call to a flop.

Post-flop I agressive continuation bet against one caller or two callers with a check to me. I value bet all streets unless I'm so ahead a free card doesn't matter (trips no flush draw, etc.) I happily check down rivers if they'll only call with a hand that beats me.

25/50-50/100

If I'm shortstacked I wait for an opportunity to push. Hopefully, I double up. If not, I'm out in 8-5 place. I greatly respect first in vig and hold off my pushes with raises and limps behind me unless I have a monster (AQ+, 99+, maybe 88). If I have a big stack to play with I steal blinds with mid connectors and up from position with 3-4x bb raises and continuation bets. Those who do call play extra-weak here. If they have a real hand they're usually decent enough to come over the top of me pre-flop.

Approximately 75/150-300/600

The poker game's over. Time to pooooooosh. If I'm big stacked (say above 3500) then my opponents are usually waiting each other out for third or second. I really open up my pushing range since then since they're folding an inordinate number of hands (not gonna call with A2-A8 for instance.)

Also, I am a luckbox.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think there's value in "milestone" posts for players coming up through the 22s and 33s.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason why it's valueless is because you would not have posted your results if you lost $500.

Nor would you post your results if your ROI was 1%.

So all of these "milestone" posts are simply a way for the luckiest players to congratulate themselves. I don't see how it helps anybody get better at playing SNGs, and it probably just clouds the picture of realistic statistical expectation.

Irieguy
Old 10-17-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't say they're incredible. But thanks. Here we go:

Early - 10/15-15/30

I limp QJ, KJ, KQ from mide and late position. I limp AT-AQ from early and usually fold them to a raise. I limp pairs and fold them to raises. I push TT-JJ and AK over a lot of limps and raises from late position. I re-raise standard raises to about 150-200 with QQ-AA. They almost always call to a flop.

Post-flop I agressive continuation bet against one caller or two callers with a check to me. I value bet all streets unless I'm so ahead a free card doesn't matter (trips no flush draw, etc.) I happily check down rivers if they'll only call with a hand that beats me.

25/50-50/100

If I'm shortstacked I wait for an opportunity to push. Hopefully, I double up. If not, I'm out in 8-5 place. I greatly respect first in vig and hold off my pushes with raises and limps behind me unless I have a monster (AQ+, 99+, maybe 88). If I have a big stack to play with I steal blinds with mid connectors and up from position with 3-4x bb raises and continuation bets. Those who do call play extra-weak here. If they have a real hand they're usually decent enough to come over the top of me pre-flop.

Approximately 75/150-300/600

The poker game's over. Time to pooooooosh. If I'm big stacked (say above 3500) then my opponents are usually waiting each other out for third or second. I really open up my pushing range since then since they're folding an inordinate number of hands (not gonna call with A2-A8 for instance.)

Also, I am a luckbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

Level 1. You hold 44 in EP. You limp. Someone raises to 30, you fold for 15 more chips? Someone raises to 45, you fold for 30 more chips?

Level 1. You often push TT over a raise?

These are two leaks in my opinion. Your ROI would be closer to 40% if you cut out these leaks. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I still think there's value in "milestone" posts for players coming up through the 22s and 33s.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason why it's valueless is because you would not have posted your results if you lost $500.

Nor would you post your results if your ROI was 1%.

So all of these "milestone" posts are simply a way for the luckiest players to congratulate themselves. I don't see how it helps anybody get better at playing SNGs, and it probably just clouds the picture of realistic statistical expectation.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

PWNED.

Yikes.

Im not touching this subject with a ten foot pole (although I already did [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )