Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 03:39 AM

Default Re: ***Official Release*** Watch me play poker through .avi TStoneMBD

[ QUOTE ]
i am going to start recording more sessions of myself 1 tabling for those that prefer that

[/ QUOTE ]
Great!!
Old 10-17-2005, 03:46 AM

Cool idea, Mike. I'll check it out.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:07 AM

very cool idea. anxiously awaiting session 5 to check out the quality.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:27 AM

would you be able to increase the FPS by like 50%? just to try it out and see how much better is it.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:58 AM

Default Re: ***Official Release*** Watch me play poker through .avi TStoneMBD.com

this is a pretty tight idea. i just downloaded episode 1 and watched the first 10 minutes. a few points

1. it is kind of choppy. sometimes it gets hard to follow the action because of the choppyness and slow framerate. it needs to be a little bit smoother, just a little bit though.

2. nice rivering that two pair with 10,7 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

3. im just getting into shorthanded play and trying to learn. is that raise in the BB with A5o standard after the SB completes? then on the flop you raised with nothing and again on the turn, then gave up on the river. seems kind of spewish to me.

4. on that 99 hand, you bet the flop which was jack high, and got raised by the button. you called and check/called the turn and river got checked through. what was your plan after the flop? just to check/call down any cards and hope he didn't have a jack?
Old 10-17-2005, 05:07 AM

Default Re: ***Official Release*** Watch me play poker through .avi TStoneMBD.com

What if you reduce to 256 colors (right next to resolution in display settings) and up the frame rate, would that help?

I've used a similar recording program called Camtasia, and I noticed the file sizes varied widely depending on which codec I chose. Do you have choices for this in the program you used?
Old 10-17-2005, 06:08 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

sick
Old 10-17-2005, 07:03 AM

3. im just getting into shorthanded play and trying to learn. is that raise in the BB with A5o standard after the SB completes? then on the flop you raised with nothing and again on the turn, then gave up on the river. seems kind of spewish to me.

4. on that 99 hand, you bet the flop which was jack high, and got raised by the button. you called and check/called the turn and river got checked through. what was your plan after the flop? just to check/call down any cards and hope he didn't have a jack?

its hard for me to analyze the hands youre talking about without HUD stats and any relevant notes/information included. i have 8 hours of video uploaded and i really dont remember any hands from those sessions since i recorded them almost 2 weeks ago. those hands definitely seem interesting though especially the A5o and i would be interested in talking about them if you have more information. although, i would like to keep hand discussions on the tstonembd forums,
here.

as for raising an opencompletor with A5o, i think thats extremely standard especially in a 2/3 structure where he would probably be completing almost any 2. i think i would raise the top 60% of all hands. yes this means i am losing hot and cold equity preflop, but its worth it to take the initiative. he may also fold to the preflop raise even though thats extremely unstandard, but if hes playing hit or miss as most players do at this level hes bleeding money to you preflop by calling. also, by raising you are telling him that next time he completes he might be raised again so he is better off just folding the SB to you, which should be more optimal then allowing him to see a flop cheaply. villain will be playing hit or miss once you raise unless he has ace high in most circumstances and you dont want to give him an opporunity to autobet any flop since you cant respond optimally against that line unless you know its a norm for him.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:17 AM

yah i have alot of codec options and i carefully chose which one to go with. it seems that xvid is the most efficient codec after alot of test runs.

also, i hadnt thought about reducing colors. that might definitely make the recordings more efficient. i will give that a shot. however, the purpose of the codec is to compress the video into an optimal state and i assume it compresses the video so that its less than 256 colors, which is why the quality isnt near 100%.

i think ill try setting up the all black mod for party poker. this might make the video perform better because there are less colors to display. while we are at it though, im having trouble modding party, could anyone help me or send me a download link to the appropriate mod for all black? i had eurobet modded before the party split, but one thing thats different about party is that you need to have all the man_7 and woman_6 files in the directory because party chooses one of those men/women at random. it appears i would have to take seat 7 and overwrite every man_7 file in the party directory, but its even more complicated them im making it out to be for anyone who knows what im talking about. is there a download that has already done the appropriate renaming of each of the files?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think ill try setting up the all black mod for party poker. this might make the video perform better because there are less colors to display. while we are at it though, im having trouble modding party, could anyone help me or send me a download link to the appropriate mod for all black? i had eurobet modded before the party split, but one thing thats different about party is that you need to have all the man_7 and woman_6 files in the directory because party chooses one of those men/women at random. it appears i would have to take seat 7 and overwrite every man_7 file in the party directory, but its even more complicated them im making it out to be for anyone who knows what im talking about. is there a download that has already done the appropriate renaming of each of the files?

[/ QUOTE ]

nm sorry, ignore all that im an idiot and i got everything i need.