Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Folded winner in 25bb pot for 1 bet. Correct or not?

The fold is fine, there is not chance you're good here 3-4% of time you need to be. I like the call of the river donk, but you can fold once the button raises. It sucks but get toothpicks to hold your eyes open as long as these guys are playing.

Given the description of the table the pre-flop and flop calls are fine, although I would bet the turn. Are you sure the button will bet here? I'm just too scared he checks behind. That would be the only questionable play in my eyes, but of course I didn't play with this guy.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:50 PM

I have no problem with the pf limp given the lineup and one poster/limper already. If a decent enough number of hands are unraised pf then this something you can do.

I also have no problem with the non-raise on the flop. Your hand will win more often than not. I also wouldn't argue against raising. Both lines have merit.

There is no way in hell I fold that river for 1 bet. About 2 years ago I was in a pot with 2 idiots and I believe I had a set or top two, something I was betting all the way anyhow. I also had position on them. Then the river was the worst card imaginable putting a 4 card straight and a 3 card flush out there. The first guy bet, the second guy raised and I folded the winner.

I then made a note that is still attached to my handle - "Don't fold to idiots." I have it for hands like yours.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sure they'll call 2,

[/ QUOTE ]

unlikely. 1 or 2 of them will, but even a good 5/10 game is not THAT good in my experience. your point about the turn is a good one, though.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
unlikely. 1 or 2 of them will, but even a good 5/10 game is not THAT good in my experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would this not be a fairly ideal result? 1-2 coldcalling two, or 2-3 calling a single bet. Plus you may have donkeys that will 3-bet. I don't play 5/10, but at 3/6 your average donkey is going to CC (or 3-bet) with a flush draw, straight draw, gutshot, PP, and possibly overcards/a high.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Would this not be a fairly ideal result? 1-2 coldcalling two, or 2-3 calling a single bet. Plus you may have donkeys that will 3-bet. I don't play 5/10, but at 3/6 your average donkey is going to CC (or 3-bet) with a flush draw, straight draw, gutshot, PP, and possibly overcards/a high.

[/ QUOTE ]

2-3 coldcalling a single bet, and you getting in a raise on the turn is better. if they are really as donkish as you describe, they will pay you off too. but, like i said, i never see 5/10 games like that. 2/4 maybe. even 3/6 when i played (about 6 months ago) was almost never that juicy.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2-3 coldcalling a single bet, and you getting in a raise on the turn is better. if they are really as donkish as you describe, they will pay you off too. but, like i said, i never see 5/10 games like that. 2/4 maybe. even 3/6 when i played (about 6 months ago) was almost never that juicy.

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, people are far more reluctant to pay 2 bets on the turn than the flop, unless of course the turn card helped them.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:09 AM

I could go either way on the flop.

However, your turn check is awful. Absolutely awful. You would have puked in your mouth had the button checked.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:53 PM

Either 3 bet or fold preflop. Put in as many bets on the flop/turn as possible. On the river I'd fully expect to lose to AA/KK with a diamond or quads or at least a 7, but given the enormous pot I'd call for 1 bet just so that when I lose this hand I get even more pissed off for wasting the 1 bet when I was obviously beat. Given the way the hand played on the turn you are obviously up against at least a flush, or you were already behind to 77 or a T7/T3 that sneaked in (I don't know if people are terrible enough to play this in 5/10, they probably are). In a pot this big I call hoping the donking retard has a flush and is strategically betting so that nobody will raise him without something big (this makes absolutely no sense, but who knows why idiots do what they do), or the case 3 or pocket 2s or something ridiculous. When the guy that was either ahead already or had a flush raises I would assume that he has me beat but this pot is so huge I'd rather get pissed at myself for calling an extra 1 bet when I "know" I'm beat than folding for 1 bet and murdering a bunch of kittens when it turns out like this.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:14 PM

yah, ugly limp preflop, but fine the rest of the way IMO. i like the flop call. great hand to string people along. i think your fold on the river is also ok, despite what i'm sure where painful results.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:36 PM

Turn check sucks. Everything else looks okay. Raising the flop would actually be quite dumb, imo.