Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 09:22 PM

Default Re: name influence

This gets me thinking - would it be +ev for me to adopt a screenname lik2 "bicycle kick" or 'astroglide' to get people to think I played in a style that I didn't?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:41 PM

As i usually play as PeterRus, Peter_rus, Peter__rus etc majority of time i can state that it does damage your game in limit TH as good players who recently changed their nicks has 200-400 hands of 'free run', when they know how you usually play against unknowns, and you don't know who's stand right now against you.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:17 AM

personally I would prefer to have people not respect my game and constantly take shots with weak hands/draws.

I would rather be seen as a donkey than a solid force to be reckoned with.

since they will take occasional shots at you but they will often run into made hands as well depending on how your running.

it's always nice to see some guy caps the turn when he picks up the runner nut flush draw and lead the river even when he misses and your there to greet him with trips on board.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as good players who recently changed their nicks has 200-400 hands of 'free run'

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think they really get that much of a free run?

First of all you are probably going to assume a player is like 20/10 if you have no knowledge of them aren't you? And it will only take maybe 20 hands to see a player is tight and maybe 50 hands to get a pretty good idea on there raising standards.

I don't think it can hurt to change a nickname, but I don't think it helps that much, it would help more if you had a unusual style.