Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: anyone here ever drive drunk? c\'mon... admit it! (you morons!)

[ QUOTE ]
This is such bullshit. For decades, people have driven intoxicated and been ok. I myself have drive under the influence at leat three times in the last week. Some people shouldnt drive period. Some people are fine when driving drunk. Generally this whole "driving under the influence is bad" thing is nothing but a farce for a bunch of people who dont understand why their relatives die. Ive had two friends killied by drunk drivers, and in both cases i would almost guarentee that the reason my friends died is because someone who is [censored] retarded was given a license to drive, and then had a few beers.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

john i'm sure if your friends were alive they'd be beating you in the face with a 2x4
Old 10-14-2005, 02:16 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

Yep. Got out of a couple DUIs too.

Thank god!

b
Old 10-14-2005, 02:20 AM

"in both cases i would almost guarentee that the reason my friends died is because someone who is [censored] retarded was given a license to drive, and then had a few beers."

and in both cases, it's likely that if the driver hadn't been drunk, your freinds would still be alive.

that's like saying: guns don't kill people, people kill people.

well, okay.. guns DON'T kill people, people kill people... with guns.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is such bullshit. For decades, people have driven intoxicated and been ok. I myself have drive under the influence at leat three times in the last week. Some people shouldnt drive period. Some people are fine when driving drunk. Generally this whole "driving under the influence is bad" thing is nothing but a farce for a bunch of people who dont understand why their relatives die. Ive had two friends killied by drunk drivers, and in both cases i would almost guarentee that the reason my friends died is because someone who is [censored] retarded was given a license to drive, and then had a few beers.

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

john i'm sure if your friends were alive they'd be beating you in the face with a 2x4

[/ QUOTE ]

thats such bullshit. My friends didnt die because somene was drunk, both of them died becuase someone was drunk and stupid. Appealing to the victim has little emotional power with me because i had spoken with both victims so many times. Drunk driving is scary. Stupid driving is lethal.

peace

john nickle
Old 10-14-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"in both cases i would almost guarentee that the reason my friends died is because someone who is [censored] retarded was given a license to drive, and then had a few beers."

and in both cases, it's likely that if the driver hadn't been drunk, your freinds would still be alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i hope you understand that the obvious solution offered by your post is to remove the lethal object from our access. If no one drives, no one gets killed?

peace

john nickle
Old 10-14-2005, 02:28 AM

I will absolutely never drive drunk if I feel that I am unsafe to drive. However, I have driven while legally drunk a few times, as I am under 21 and therefore even the slightest bit of alcohol classifies me as legally drunk. Obviously, this is slippery slope, but I trust my judgement.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i hope you understand that the obvious solution offered by your post is to remove the lethal object from our access. If no one drives, no one gets killed?

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the lethal element he's referring to is alcohol
Old 10-14-2005, 02:32 AM

I hear what you're saying, it could go either way... but, given that i think the great majority of people, in general, are idiots, and alcohol definitly doesn't help that, i think it's just better policy to say 'no drunk driving' for everyone.

btw, however, i have a couple freinds that i have no problem riding with when they are drunk... i also sometimes ski drunk, very, very fast.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:34 AM

so we shouldnt be allowed to drink?

peace

john nickle
Old 10-14-2005, 02:35 AM

"I will absolutely never drive drunk if I feel that I am unsafe to drive. However, I have driven while legally drunk a few times, as I am under 21 and therefore even the slightest bit of alcohol classifies me as legally drunk. Obviously, this is slippery slope, but I trust my judgement."

that's the tricky part... alcohol impairs judgment. I mean, one or two beers, whatever... i think the legal limit is silly in almost every case. actually, i think being able to safely operate a motor vehicle would make an excellend sobriety test, but that's a bit of a catch 22, now isn't it?

DWIs are expensive, just don't.