Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Looking much older than you are

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have the exact OPPOSITE problem

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I am 22, but apparantly I look 16, because I have never once gotten into a R-rated movie without being ID'ed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bang high-school chicks.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meaning guys treat me better when I have a beard. I guess they are more respectful to an older person?

And the ladies seem to treat me better when I'm clean-shaven. Maybe because ladies are out to look for young meat? haha. Who knows. Just something I noticed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find the same thing, as far as guys. Strangely, I find that women seem to really like facial hair on me, though. I think for the same reasons really -- facial hair has a sort of macho aspect to it, and men often seem to instinctually respect that and women often seem to groove on it. Not that all of them like facial hair at all, far from it. But they do like macho, unless you're a total turd about it. And often even then.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:08 PM

Lay off the cigarettes.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:01 AM

Yeah my GF liked the beard, once it grew beyond the sharp stage. But I mean random women that I'd have to deal with, they just seemed very put-off by a bearded guy. Maybe I was wrong but that's the vibe I got.

But definitely guys treat me better when I'm bearded. Beards make people look crazy and nobody wants to disrespect a crazy guy. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 12:07 AM

At 24, I was carded for an R rated movie, so I can offer no advice here.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been travelling for about a month in Europe, and the entire time people have assumed I was much much older than I actually am. Most people assume late 20's (youngest guess had me at 24). I'm 19 with 2 years of college and about no life experiences to date (went to college, skipped classes, got drunk, got laid is about it). So...I'm not sure how to take this - obviously people are expecting me to have a 26 year old's level of maturity (right.....), and the girls I'm attracted to (17-21) are probably going to think I'm a creep. OOT community I need your wisdom in tackling this strange situation.
Also, if just pretending I'm 28 is the best solution then I need some cover stories or is pro p*ker player still good enough?

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the same problem. I am 22 but most people think 24-28. I can tell 19 year old girls are creeped out when I hit on them.

My ex-gilfriend was the same age as me (actually 5 months older, but she looks about 4 years younger, so we looked like a 17 year old and a 24 year old.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:40 AM

I think some of it has to do with how neat you keep the beard. A lot of guys keep their beard kind of long, or just short but uneven, and I don't think most women like bushy or sloppy facial hair at all. If you dress down, it probably makes most guys look even more dressed down and low-scale, too.

Ever try a moustache? I got great girl-feedback wearing one.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:49 AM

I have the exact opposite problem. I'm 30 but look nowhere near my age. When i was about 24/25 or so I would still get approached by like 16 yr old girls at the malls or whatever. When I tell people my age it's like [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] . I get carded a lot a few years back but not anymore.

I guess it's good to look younger if you're in the 30-50 range but not if you're in the 20-30 range.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:13 AM

lol. No. I look like a child-molester with a mustache only.

I've got Auburn-colored hair and that doesn't lend itself to mustaches very well. My beard hair is rather darker though.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:29 AM

Yeah, when I was in my 20's I looked way too young for my age. I think it made it harder to get both girls and jobs, and both seemed to like me better with glasses on.