Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Calling Away

I'd just raise the flop.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just raise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-11-2005, 02:00 PM

Raise the flop, or raise the turn. YOu said they love to call, let them! They aren't going anywhere with lots and lots of hands.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:05 PM

To be clear I would raise the flop because I'd raise with lots of hands. As you did call I like calling the turn. For me: raising flop > calling all the way > raising turn.

-SmileyEH
Old 10-11-2005, 02:36 PM

Word, homes...

Raise it up right away. Your opponent will likely immediately put you on something like JJ, because "why would you raise an A on the flop?"

In general, I love getting my raises in on the flop with monsters, because opponents are so much more likely to incorrectly call two on the flop than two on the turn, and so raising the flop seems likely to keep more opponents in for longer. The flush draws aren't going anywhere, and you may get lucky and the case A will try to get tricky by calling the flop and raising the turn and then you're really in the money.
Old 10-11-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Word, homes...

Raise it up right away. Your opponent will likely immediately put you on something like JJ, because "why would you raise an A on the flop?"

In general, I love getting my raises in on the flop with monsters, because opponents are so much more likely to incorrectly call two on the flop than two on the turn, and so raising the flop seems likely to keep more opponents in for longer. The flush draws aren't going anywhere, and you may get lucky and the case A will try to get tricky by calling the flop and raising the turn and then you're really in the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the thoughts folks...I like it.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:30 PM

Default More...

[ QUOTE ]
Word, homes...

[/ QUOTE ]

There are very distinct benefits to being perceived as a player who gives a lot of flop action.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I start raising immediately.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously.