Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: 66 in the BB. Playalong.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think there's a pretty decent likelihood we have the best hand on that turn. I like the flop check/call. I think I donk this turn. I don't want MP taking a free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if MP raises and EP folds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you should ask that. I checked and MP bet. Mouthbreather folds. Hero??
Old 10-11-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We call and see the river. If we hit a straight, we bet. If we hit a flush, we bet. If we hit a set, eh, I'm torn between betting and c/r'ing. I'll think some more. If we miss all of those, we check and fold. Easy peasy, puddin' pie.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're betting out your 6-high flush? Yikes! I think you've got a higher estimation of the chances we're ahead than I do.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:17 PM

Call. Then the question becomes whether or not you bet a "safe" card on the river. I think you c/r anything that improves your hand (with the exception of a flush, IMO) on the river, check-call any other non-broadway.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Easy, easy call.

Yes it is.

Flop comes 4 5 T (I have the 6)

SB checks. Hero???

Hero checked. Hijack bets. EP calls. Hero??

I called.

The turn was the 7

Mouthbreather checks. Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got here late, but I'll join in. I like a check here. We don't want to get raised, our hand has some outs. Call the bet and call, you should have odds.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We call and see the river. If we hit a straight, we bet. If we hit a flush, we bet. If we hit a set, eh, I'm torn between betting and c/r'ing. I'll think some more. If we miss all of those, we check and fold. Easy peasy, puddin' pie.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're betting out your 6-high flush? Yikes! I think you've got a higher estimation of the chances we're ahead than I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if we hit the flush, it would be a classic Clark, after all, and MP might still be raising an overpair on the turn. It would be an easy fold to a raise.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:38 PM

Party 2/4.

Table is tight and aggressive except for the mouthbreather to my right and another guy not in this hand.

I get 66 in the BB. It's folded to the hijack (14/12/2ish) who opens with a raise. Mouthbreather calls.

Flop comes 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (I have the 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])

SB checks. Hero checks. Hijack bets. EP calls. Hero calls.

The turn was the 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Mouthbreather checks. Hero checks. Hijack bets. mouthbreather folds. Hero raises.

Discuss...
Old 10-11-2005, 01:43 PM

I don't like it. I think if you're putting him on overs you should have go ahead and donked the turn and not risked giving the free card.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party 2/4.

Table is tight and aggressive except for the mouthbreather to my right and another guy not in this hand.

I get 66 in the BB. It's folded to the hijack (14/12/2ish) who opens with a raise. Mouthbreather calls.

Flop comes 4 5 T (I have the 6)

SB checks. Hero checks. Hijack bets. EP calls. Hero calls.

The turn was the 7

Mouthbreather checks. Hero checks. Hijack bets. mouthbreather folds. Hero raises.

Discuss...

[/ QUOTE ]

At first I did not like it, but after looking at it I think it's ok. We maybe ahead. His pfr % is low, so he probably has a decent hand, but not necessarily a pair. I think this turn play is more of a semi-bluff. But take into account that we may have the best hand, and we have a lot of outs (not sure if [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] are clean), I like the play, especially after it got hu.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:59 PM

I think it's decent, probably a bit better than check/calling, but I still like donking that turn.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it. I think if you're putting him on overs you should have go ahead and donked the turn and not risked giving the free card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, to be fair, he said that he's aggresive right? Given that no one has shown ANY strength except the hijack in this hand...I don't think him checking the turn is very likely. Assuming he does indeed have two paint cards, if he checks the turn, he knows hes going to lose this pot unless he hits one of 6 outs (unless he has a high diamond, in which case he is still betting the turn with overs and a draw probably....)

That said, I think I would prefer check-call the turn, but I don't think the check-raise was a bad play, considering you can easily think that you're ahead....for now.