Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Im done

i laughed again.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:53 AM

lol, "attempting to give a damn"

As I said, no one cares etc, I just needed to vent. [censored] mother [censored] cunts
Old 10-11-2005, 05:08 AM

i like your new 'waaaaaaah!' title.

dude, your post is ridiculous.

yes....there is variance involved in poker tournaments and obviously it is necessary to be lucky in order to go all the way through and win a big MTT.
But it's not ALL luck that is involved.

If you are a good player then you will win in the long-run.
If you suck then you lose.

There isn't one single player on here who hasn't lost with KK vs. AQ before. Your situation is obviously nothing special.

If you aren't winning then you might consider the idea that it's due to the quality of your own play.
Blaming the 'bad luck' or the 'bad beats' or 'bad opponents who always suck out' is REALLY saying "I suck at poker and am going to deny that obvious reality to myself."
Old 10-11-2005, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

...been a pleasant few years reading this forums but most advice only applies to higher limits with a thinking opponent. The ones I play just suck out on my 2 in 5 times and its got to the stage when I cant [censored] take it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is you've been reading this forum for a couple years and still dont understand the game?

Easy to see why u would want to give give up. Its really a simple concept: You do far better in the long run playing retards than say, someone like Phil Ivey. No clue why you'd want to play against someone who knows how to play the game compared to those that dont. You dont even have a basic grasp of the reasoning behind the game, yet u want to play better players. Good luck.

Note: Maybe u know what u are doing, but just from this thread...it sounds like u dont. If on the off chance u do, or even if u dont, dont take it personal. Just putting the thought out there. Well, either way u might take it personally, but eh, whatever.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The ones I play just suck out on my(sic) 2 in 5 times and its got to the stage when I cant [censored] take it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two out of five? That's just about correct for most hands (outside of high pocket pairs) and imagine the odds against several callers each with two live cards (like at the microlimit tables). But, you're STILL winning 3 out of 5 times.

I think that in the evolution of a poker player, this is a big step for most people to take. They read tons of stuff about strategy, post on 2+2, tighten up, get aggressive. At this point in a lot of people's development, they suddenly think "I'm playing correctly against these donks, I should win most of the hands I play, especially if I connect with the flop." of "I can't believe your J6o beat my AKs."

Where in reality, you will probably win more often with better cards than your opponents will win individually, but not more often than against your opponents collectively. You will still only win approximately 30-40% of the flops you see (if even that high), obviously, 30-40%% is no where close to "most" of the time. For instance, I'm at 31% $WSF and yup, it does suck, especially when you haven't seen a good hand in several orbits (or days) and suddenly you're holding AKs or QQ.

I know I had a tough time with this a while back and some of my friends are currently trying to swallow this bitter pill. And I think this explains a lot of the bad beat posts on this site.

(Sorry if this is garbled, trying to write while doing a title search... can... not... multitask...)
Old 10-11-2005, 01:23 PM

boy cock, girl cock, ei, ei, o.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im just so [censored] pissed off with the luck factor that has raped me a new arse this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I found that extremely humorous.
I figure if you were in my shoes, you would have jumped off your local bridge 9 and a half months ago.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well done.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:15 PM

<-----
Old 10-11-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like your new 'waaaaaaah!' title.