Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Fresh Prince of Bel Air or Curb Your Enthusiasm
(8) The Fresh Prince of Bel Air 156 53.79%
(9) Curb Your Enthusiasm 134 46.21%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: OT: Party vs Stars (ROI impact)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your ITM sucks, why so many 3rds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over 12 games??? You gotta be kidding...

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a hypothetical analysis on ROI Party vs Stars all other things equal except rake % and 9 players vs 10, not my personal success on either... please read before you jump to conclusions or I'll karate chop your a$$ judo girl

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that over 12 games one can draw no conclusion about what a high percentage of 3rd place wins means...not sure what you think my point was...

re karate chops...most fights wind up ending on the ground, where karate chops have little effectiveness...so when I wrestle you down and put you in a choke hold, you can thrash, slobber, struggle, and karate chop all you want. Your struggles will soon cease as the lack of blood to your head sends you to that peaceful place that comes when everything around you slowly fades to black... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the 9 player tables, you should be changing one of your OOTM finishes to a 3rd, or even doing that and changing one 3rd place finish to a 2nd place finish. Once you've done that, recalculate your ROI. I think that would be more realistic comparision given the different starting # of players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point, ... I am not sure how to express my thought... but one more 2nd or 3rd over 10 games is more significant than say over 20 games. So how many more ITM would I have at a 9 person table vs a 10 AND over how many games (i.e. 4 ITM in 4 games vs 4 ITM 10 games or 4 ITM 20 games... etc?) 4 ITM for every 9 games vs 3 for every 10? Do you understand my question?
Old 10-10-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ROI %.............-1.6%.......6.1%
ITM %.............41.7%......41.7%

[/ QUOTE ] If it were just random, you'd expect your ITM% to go up when there are only nine players (instead of ten) while they still pay the same three places.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
your ITM sucks, why so many 3rds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over 12 games??? You gotta be kidding...

[/ QUOTE ]

This was a hypothetical analysis on ROI Party vs Stars all other things equal except rake % and 9 players vs 10, not my personal success on either... please read before you jump to conclusions or I'll karate chop your a$$ judo girl

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that over 12 games one can draw no conclusion about what a high percentage of 3rd place wins means...not sure what you think my point was...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just playing with the ITM finishes to see if it made a difference (comparing Party vs Stars)

[ QUOTE ]

re karate chops...most fights wind up ending on the ground, where karate chops have little effectiveness...so when I wrestle you down and put you in a choke hold, you can thrash, slobber, struggle, and karate chop all you want. Your struggles will soon cease as the lack of blood to your head sends you to that happy place that comes when everything around you slowly fades to black... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like fun... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ROI %.............-1.6%.......6.1%
ITM %.............41.7%......41.7%

[/ QUOTE ] If it were just random, you'd expect your ITM% to go up when there are only nine players (instead of ten) while they still pay the same three places.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was keeping all things equal except rake, and # of players which is the difference between Paty and Stars. Buy-in is also different, but not relevent in ROI percentage terms
Old 10-10-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my limited experience with the Stars 11s, my 1,2,3 percentage is 23,29,25. Once I get ITM it seems to be a matter of who wins the most coin flips, without much regard to stack sizes coming in off the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]77% ITM?
Old 10-10-2005, 04:04 PM

DJ,

Comparing PP $10+1 & PS $15+1

PP - "30% get paid"
Stars - "33.333333333333333333333333.. get paid"

if you start with a PP ITM of 40, take the extra 3.333333....

PP - 20roi
PS - 18roi (roughly)

...with an even finish distribution.

If your ITM places look more like 20%,30%,50%...you're looking at 5.45 vs. 4.40roim respectively.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:09 PM

You haven't kept all things equal. How many 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th place finishes?

You've switched from a game that pays 30% of the players to one that pays 1/3 of the players. At the very least, you ought to increase your ITM% by about 11%.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

DJ,

Comparing PP $10+1 & PS $15+1

PP - "30% get paid"
Stars - "33.333333333333333333333333.. get paid"

if you start with a PP ITM of 40, take the extra 3.333333....

PP - 20roi
PS - 18roi (roughly)

...with an even finish distribution.

If your ITM places look more like 20%,30%,50%...you're looking at 5.45 vs. 4.40roim respectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I am reading your post correctly, your ROI at Party will be better no matter how you slice it because of the 10th person at the table, offset slightly due to a lower rake at the Stars turbo's.

Several have commented that finishing ITM at Stars is easier because there is only 9 people and I need to factor that in. How? An extra 10-11% has been suggested... so if you finish ITM 30% (math is easier in my head than 40% ITM) at party (3 out of 10 games or 9 out of 30 games, should you finish ITM at Stars 10 out of 30 games due to playing against one less person? And which ITM finish do you assume, b/c that makes big difference to ROI, obviously. If this is a good assumption I will plug in those #'s (with the additional ITM going to 3rd)...
Old 10-10-2005, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

re karate chops...most fights wind up ending on the ground, where karate chops have little effectiveness...so when I wrestle you down and put you in a choke hold, you can thrash, slobber, struggle, and karate chop all you want. Your struggles will soon cease as the lack of blood to your head sends you to that peaceful place that comes when everything around you slowly fades to black... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This almost surely is the best piece of information in the whole thread so far.

Of course, this thread is pretty silly.

Yugoslav