Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 08:14 AM

Default Re: Dumping JJ preflop

[ QUOTE ]
In response to El D, would u fold there in 5/10 normally...

[/ QUOTE ]

My word choice was poor and rather inaccurate. Rather than "I will often fold right there, depending on button" I should have said "That is not an auto-call for me there and I will fold more often than most, depending on button."

Default is to call.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:13 AM

This reminds me of a JJ hand that I posted about a year and a half ago. I tried to search the archives to find the link, but either the archives are being screwy or I'm incompetent. Either way, I'll try to find it again later...

In the meantime, if someone else has the link and/or is able to find it, please post it. The title was something like, "A Day with ML4L." I think there might be a link to it in one of the "Retro" threads as well...

ML4L
Old 10-10-2005, 11:04 AM

Posting this before reading replies.

I look to sneak into this pot for a set, but I'm willing to play a pot with unders. 4-handed seems like Button makes a routine steal attempt, and SB makes a routine blind defense. I would expect your hand to be best here, but you have position on SB and shouldn't be worried about button too much as he probably was making a routine steal. Make the call, play some poker on the flop, but be sure to define his/your hands early to avoid a huge pot in case you're dominated.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminds me of a JJ hand that I posted about a year and a half ago. I tried to search the archives to find the link, but either the archives are being screwy or I'm incompetent. Either way, I'll try to find it again later...

In the meantime, if someone else has the link and/or is able to find it, please post it. The title was something like, "A Day with ML4L." I think there might be a link to it in one of the "Retro" threads as well...

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

A Day With ML4L
Old 10-10-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

A Day With ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

That's close. I posted three hands from that day. The JJ hand was Hand 3. Let me see if I can't find the hand in question...

Thanks for this one, though.

ML4L
Old 10-10-2005, 08:19 PM

So then we're calling with 22-TT as well?
Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM

A Day with ML4L Hand 3

Only hands 1 and 2 were in the Retro threads.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:27 PM

Default Found It...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

A Day With ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

That's close. I posted three hands from that day. The JJ hand was Hand 3. Let me see if I can't find the hand in question...

Thanks for this one, though.

ML4L

[/ QUOTE ]

Found it...

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/...592#Post734028
Old 10-10-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A Day with ML4L Hand 3

Only hands 1 and 2 were in the Retro threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat me to it...

ML4L
Old 10-10-2005, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3) 5-handed with agressive pros, my hand is going to be best a good percentage of the time.
4) Even if CO has a big hand, I am almost getting my odds to flop a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

veddy inter-estante.

I like the ratoinale for a call, but #3 and #4 seem to contradict each other. You're either playing for a set or playing for a set + overpair (hand is good now).

As in... If you're only playing for a set, it doesnt matter that your hand could be good a big % of the time, because you're going to muck to a continuation bet barring a jack.

Only caveat I guess would be since it's live you pick up on something that tells you your hand is good, but I dont have enough live experience to make that read.

Also wondering if you play QQ same way.