Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 08:57 AM

Default Re: 10-20 NL Stars, Hands with Joker and Hookz!!! Bac to back.

btw i know OP well, and his game isn't bad at all (although it probably wasnt suited for THIS 10/20, he could beat a fair amount of 10/20 games if he choose better ones).
Old 10-12-2005, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Two hands later (I wont reveal stack sizes here as it maygive out the last hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

Stack sizes are very important in no limit. Next time, instead of telling us that the hand was "two hands later" and not giving stack sizes, just leave out the part about "two hands later" and tell us how much everyone has behind. It's really silly to do it the way you did and leave out important information in favor of information that we don't really need and can't really use.

In hand 1, you should raise somewhere along the line. I know other people have already said that, but I think it's worth repeating. You really, really ought to raise if you truly believe your opponent just hit his set. Putting your opponent on a hand that dangerous to you and letting him go right on setting his own price to draw is unwise. As it played out, I call the river.

[ QUOTE ]

I raise with K 9 unsuited, Joker calls from the button, the rest fold.

Flop is Q J 10, I bet pot Joker calls.

Turn is blank, i bet , Joker smooth calls again (the pot or something to tht effect)

River is blank (Igot the second nuts) , I check ............................... JOKER PUSHES ALLIN !!!1
Double wtf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't give your position in this hand. I'll assume you're in the cutoff or hijack. I'm not in a big hurry to play K9 in a deep game against strong players but I don't think going for the blinds from the cutoff seat is so terrible.

I don't know what to put Joker on except AK. I don't think he smooth-called with QQ or JJ and then failed to raise his set on that board. You didn't say anything about suits, so I have to assume no flush draw was out there so you can't put him on some monster combo draw. Two pot-sized calls and a river push reeks of the nuts, to me. Since you didn't give stack sizes, I don't know how much you were calling. If you are calling a big overbet, I guess you can get away from your hand. The problem is, I'm talking right out of my ass with this one because, despite everything I just said, I don't know if I can get off the second nuts, here.

By the way, were you checking in fear of the nuts or hoping to draw a big bluff?

SpaceAce
Old 10-13-2005, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Two hands later (I wont reveal stack sizes here as it maygive out the last hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

Stack sizes are very important in no limit. Next time, instead of telling us that the hand was "two hands later" and not giving stack sizes, just leave out the part about "two hands later" and tell us how much everyone has behind. It's really silly to do it the way you did and leave out important information in favor of information that we don't really need and can't really use.

In hand 1, you should raise somewhere along the line. I know other people have already said that, but I think it's worth repeating. You really, really ought to raise if you truly believe your opponent just hit his set. Putting your opponent on a hand that dangerous to you and letting him go right on setting his own price to draw is unwise. As it played out, I call the river.

[ QUOTE ]

I raise with K 9 unsuited, Joker calls from the button, the rest fold.

Flop is Q J 10, I bet pot Joker calls.

Turn is blank, i bet , Joker smooth calls again (the pot or something to tht effect)

River is blank (Igot the second nuts) , I check ............................... JOKER PUSHES ALLIN !!!1
Double wtf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't give your position in this hand. I'll assume you're in the cutoff or hijack. I'm not in a big hurry to play K9 in a deep game against strong players but I don't think going for the blinds from the cutoff seat is so terrible.

I don't know what to put Joker on except AK. I don't think he smooth-called with QQ or JJ and then failed to raise his set on that board. You didn't say anything about suits, so I have to assume no flush draw was out there so you can't put him on some monster combo draw. Two pot-sized calls and a river push reeks of the nuts, to me. Since you didn't give stack sizes, I don't know how much you were calling. If you are calling a big overbet, I guess you can get away from your hand. The problem is, I'm talking right out of my ass with this one because, despite everything I just said, I don't know if I can get off the second nuts, here.

By the way, were you checking in fear of the nuts or hoping to draw a big bluff?

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent Advice SIR,

but u gotta calm down bout the stacks cause I was talkin Meta Game and mindsets and all tht othr crap ... so if I give u stack sizes, in the second hand u knw wht happened in the first one.

I lost the first one, Hookz = ROCK exponentiated 1000 = KJ diamonds = I just knew he had it , even though logic told me he hit a set ..... I cant explain this ==== usualy i wait til the river on deep stacks to make a move = im nt ready for this game cause at 2-4 and 3-6 dudes dont fold sets Ovrpairs, flushes WHATEVER = i shld have raised him = Im scared = INADEQUATE BR = why i mentioned in the orignal post.

Second hand = I SWEAR TO GOD, I thought he had AK (smooth called pre flop) tricky chap YOU = I was wrong Joker did raise turn all in ( probably thinking I have AA or set = protecting his straight(NUT STR8) = i remotely remember a back door Fl drw) = I just knew he had AK, but like the classical loser in over his head in a game he is struggling to learn ()at that level) = I wanted to get it over with = yes, that makes sense right.

Thanks for the advice and thanks to durrr for the support and thanks to M4L for the advice.

Take care.

Will be back. :}.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:51 AM

Are there some sort of drugs available under whose influence this becomes comprehensible?
Old 10-13-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

but u gotta calm down bout the stacks cause I was talkin Meta Game and mindsets and all tht othr crap ... so if I give u stack sizes, in the second hand u knw wht happened in the first one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you seem to misunderstanding my point. If you didn't come right out and say "two hands later", we wouldn't have any idea where this hand happened in relation to the other hand you posted. Without you saying when the hand happened, it could have happened an hour before, an hour after or on a completely different day from the first hand. Then you could post stack sizes and not worry about us figuring out the results of the other hand.

I wasn't trying to come off as heated up about the issue; I'm not. I just meant that the stack sizes could be put in if you left out the timing.

[ QUOTE ]

Second hand = I SWEAR TO GOD, I thought he had AK (smooth called pre flop) tricky chap YOU = I was wrong Joker did raise turn all in ( probably thinking I have AA or set = protecting his straight(NUT STR8) = i remotely remember a back door Fl drw) = I just knew he had AK, but like the classical loser in over his head in a game he is struggling to learn ()at that level) = I wanted to get it over with = yes, that makes sense right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you might be able to get away from your hand if he pushed the turn. I'd like to think I'm good enough to escape from these situations, but I've made that call too many times (at least, assuming reasonable stacks... even I can probably get away at a certain depth).

SpaceAce
Old 10-13-2005, 04:37 AM

if you know he hit a set then why dont you raise the turn allin?
Old 10-13-2005, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you seem to misunderstanding my point. If you didn't come right out and say "two hands later", we wouldn't have any idea where this hand happened in relation to the other hand you posted. Without you saying when the hand happened, it could have happened an hour before, an hour after or on a completely different day from the first hand. Then you could post stack sizes and not worry about us figuring out the results of the other hand.

I wasn't trying to come off as heated up about the issue; I'm not. I just meant that the stack sizes could be put in if you left out the timing.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you might be able to get away from your hand if he pushed the turn. I'd like to think I'm good enough to escape from these situations, but I've made that call too many times (at least, assuming reasonable stacks... even I can probably get away at a certain depth).

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha

Actually the reason, was meta game, I raised UTG K 9, and I WANTED to end it = (HAVE any o you pros bin thr b4), cause i lost a huge one just b4.

But I really appreciate ur advice and the time you took.

Ciao.

Again = the two hands are somewhat intertwined , hence together = I hope u cn see !!!!! TC.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you know he hit a set then why dont you raise the turn allin?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt know anythin ...... I thought he hit the set .. then again ...... he might pair the river .. then again .... why so scared == INADEQUATE BR == pt mentioned in OP. = ROOT OF THE PROBLEM.