Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: A 10s in early posistion

you will not be making many better hands fold on a ragged flop with AT high, at least that's against any decent tough player.

as soon as you limp there, unless you limp there regulary with AK AQ AA KK, your hand range is brought down to a much narrower range then if you had come in for a raise range.

so sure your going to play poker but you are playing very how do you say "feeling poker", not knowing where you really are in the hand out of position with a marginal hand.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:28 PM

I like this response. And thank you for replying.

I think the consensus is that raising is probably a slightly better play than limping.

But in a very tough game this is a fold preflop, but, then again, how many of us are playing in very tough games?

I try not to.

So I think this discussion probably only applies to your average game, because that is what most of us try to look for most of the time- loose passive or loose agressive.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you will not be making many better hands fold on a ragged flop with AT high, at least that's against any decent tough player.

as soon as you limp there, unless you limp there regulary with AK AQ AA KK, your hand range is brought down to a much narrower range then if you had come in for a range.

so sure your going to play poker but you are playing very how do you say "feeling poker", not knowing where you really are in the hand out of position with a marginal hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
All your points are valid, but none of your points can dissuade me into thinking that raising ATs in early position is clearly better than calling with it. I am sure raising ATs can put you in some difficult "feel" situations also.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:56 PM

I generally start opening it UTG+2 and fold it in the first two positions
Old 10-07-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: My first and last post in Mid-High

Tx,
Please stop fcuking up this forum. I, like a lot of other smaller stakes players, like to read the Mid-High stakes forum because A) The B.S. quotient is less than lower-limit forums, B) There are many advanced concepts that are discussed in this forum that wouldn't be done justice in other forums, and C) The players that post in this forum know what they are talking about, have respected opinions, and are proven winners. Where do you fit in? I would say nowhere. Some of your posts and have been humorous and some of your threads have been hijacked towards the direction of useful discussion, but by and large your posts detract from what makes this forum good. And eventually the posters we all want to stay around will get tired of wading through all the B.S. and quit posting. This is not a state-of-the-forum post, but for the love of god man......STOP. This is where you tell me to go F myself.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:13 PM

i am not certain of the history here, but i think his question is valid.

granted post flop questions are more interesting.

i think the vicious posts, and inability to discuss hands are a problem here. it seems that instead of in depth discussions, people often viciously attack someone they disagree with.

it often seems sometimes like a high school click.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:19 PM

10-handed I will fold it UTG, on most tables unless they're loose in which case I may limp.
UTG+1 I may limp or raise. On a TAG table I'll fold.
UTG+2 pretty much auto-raise. Although I'll limp occasionally to mix it up except in hijack onwards where stealing the blinds makes raising imperative.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I generally start opening it UTG+2 and fold it in the first two positions

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe you have to be in some very tough games to consider folding ATs utg and utg+1, but i see where you are coming from. I too would raise ATs utg+2.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tx,
Please stop fcuking up this forum. I, like a lot of other smaller stakes players, like to read the Mid-High stakes forum because A) The B.S. quotient is less than lower-limit forums, B) There are many advanced concepts that are discussed in this forum that wouldn't be done justice in other forums, and C) The players that post in this forum know what they are talking about, have respected opinions, and are proven winners. Where do you fit in? I would say nowhere. Some of your posts and have been humorous and some of your threads have been hijacked towards the direction of useful discussion, but by and large your posts detract from what makes this forum good. And eventually the posters we all want to stay around will get tired of wading through all the B.S. and quit posting. This is not a state-of-the-forum post, but for the love of god man......STOP. This is where you tell me to go F myself.

[/ QUOTE ]
This post is unnecessary. I understand how you feel about tex and maybe others feel the same. And maybe preflop questions arent as fun as postflop ones but I would hate for tex or anyone else to stop posting becuz hes afraid of the backlash. Ive tried to answer very complicated questions and Ive tried to answer the very simple ones and often times the simple ones turn out more complicated than I thought and the complicated ones turn out more simple than I thought. The last thing I want is for anyone to be afraid to make a post on here. For a preflop question, I thought this was decent thread.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:16 PM

I would never fold ATs UTG or UTG+1

but my preflop raising standards are a SLIGHTly more loose than most 2+2ers only because I like to add in few hands to broaden my range a bit more.

but ideally when I open this hand I'm looking to take down the blinds or be in a pot with just one of them where I can flex my muscles har har!