Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 05:00 AM

Default Re: I stereotyped...and I was wrong.

[ QUOTE ]
no its not. this is just weak play and i think most of 2+2 shares this belief.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your assumption has many problems.

First, most people who post here play in loose aggressive party 30-60 games. I do to. Online, I threebet and don't think twice. But this is a live game. This game has reads. My opponent was tight and passive (not unbelievably so, but moreso than average).

Secondly, do yourself a favor here (I'm being sincere and serious). Do the math. Write down all of the possible holdings, and see how often I'm ahead. And if you don't want to believe my assessment, count all the times my opponent is on a naked bluff, and I'll gain an extra bet as a river bluff vs. the times that I threebet and they fold.

Do the math. Really. Show your work. Get to the next level beyond "I have trips, I threebet", and do some legit analysis.

I'll start for you. The only hands I beat are naked bluffs, KJ, and AA (and, as I said before, AA wasn't considered by me beforehand). The hands I lose to are all suited one gappers and connectors 87 and higher, all suited aces in hearts, A3s, KK and JJ (those are possible since AA is possible). Heck, throw in AhJx as the hands that I beat, and I still think it's clear.

Do you see where this is going?

Josh
Old 10-05-2005, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not even if the small blind COLD CALLED as OP posted?

OP changes his mind when everyone berates him, and said SB 3bet, which is it?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I openraise one off the button w/ 23d. Villain called in the SB, heads up

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When and where did I say SB threebet preflop? What time was that posted (I know I have many posts in this thread)?

Edit: I see your confusion, you were looking at my second response to mike l. Unfortunately, I cannot edit that to clarify. In that response, I was saying AK WOULD threebet AK preflop, not that the SB DID threebet preflop.

Hope that clears it up.

Josh
Old 10-05-2005, 05:01 AM

i think uve read enough of my posts to answer that yourself. but umm u raise and u get a call form the sb... gee i think this guy must have boated or has a 3 with a higher kicker! ure fu-cking wiht me right? let me guess... you dont 3 bet AA here too? well sure as heck i do. keep playing this kind of poker and the rest of 2+2 will clean it up one day.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not even if the small blind COLD CALLED as OP posted?

OP changes his mind when everyone berates him, and said SB 3bet, which is it?

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I openraise one off the button w/ 23d. Villain called in the SB, heads up

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went back and read the thread extremely carefully. I don't see where he says the SB 3-bet preflop. A 3-bet would make it much more correct to 3-bet this turn.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he cant have AK? and i know it was meant to be a post about something other than how you played the hand. i just didnt think that part was as interesting as you not 3 betting the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

3-bet preflop, so almost definitely no. KQ mucks on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

right here... scroll up the page and read his reply to Mike i
Old 10-05-2005, 05:03 AM

Default EDIT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he cant have AK? and i know it was meant to be a post about something other than how you played the hand. i just didnt think that part was as interesting as you not 3 betting the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just to edit the response I'm responding to. I wrote the above as a discussion with mike. mike said "he can't have AK" and I said "3-bet preflop" to mean that they'd 3-bet AK preflop, so no, they can't have it.

Sorry for the confusion.

Josh
Old 10-05-2005, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right here... scroll up the page and read his reply to Mike i

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means AK would have 3-bet preflop. Read a little lower in the thread. He says

[ QUOTE ]
See my response to Mike...AK threebets preflop, any other king likely folds the flop, except KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-05-2005, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think uve read enough of my posts to answer that yourself. but umm u raise and u get a call form the sb... gee i think this guy must have boated or has a 3 with a higher kicker! ure fu-cking wiht me right? let me guess... you dont 3 bet AA here too? well sure as heck i do. keep playing this kind of poker and the rest of 2+2 will clean it up one day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see the flush? If not, apologize for your behavior. If so, apologize for your behavior.

Josh
Old 10-05-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s
Old 10-05-2005, 05:08 AM

hehe good luck with that... I think just calling is fine. If he checks to you on the river... Do you check behind?