Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Motivate Me Please

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say that if you can't think of a good reason to study for a "logical arguments" test then you are in deep trouble.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of logical arguments why I shouldn't study.

Everyone who studies will pass - true
Everyone who passes will have studied - false

You must study to pass - Invalid argument

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about if we add "If you're a lazy bitch and don't study, you'll fail" to your axioms?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aeronautical Science.

[/ QUOTE ]
That sucks. I was hoping it would be 'media studies' or 'art' or 'philosophy' or some BS like that. The world would make more sense then.

My thoughts are with you, brother scientist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's fun. Bleh. I'm off to school again for a year in January though. Not all is lost. I just needed a way to survive for a few months. The depressing part of my summer right after graduation though was being declined for a $10/hr data processing job to pay the bills. They didn't even bother to interview me. Nobody cares if you have a degree or not apparently.

Oh, and one of the other servers at my restaurant has a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Mathematics. Fun.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The depressing part of my summer right after graduation though was being declined for a $10/hr data processing job to pay the bills. They didn't even bother to interview me. Nobody cares if you have a degree or not apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only real job I've ever had in my life was gained by leaving all my qualifications off the application form.

Lori
Old 10-03-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Aeronautical Science.

[/ QUOTE ]
That sucks. I was hoping it would be 'media studies' or 'art' or 'philosophy' or some BS like that. The world would make more sense then.

My thoughts are with you, brother scientist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's fun. Bleh. I'm off to school again for a year in January though. Not all is lost. I just needed a way to survive for a few months. The depressing part of my summer right after graduation though was being declined for a $10/hr data processing job to pay the bills. They didn't even bother to interview me. Nobody cares if you have a degree or not apparently.

Oh, and one of the other servers at my restaurant has a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Mathematics. Fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

where are u from? we hire Aeronautical engineers!! ROAR! guess ur not an engineer though huh
Old 10-03-2005, 05:02 AM

Nope. Just a flyboy.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope. Just a flyboy.

[/ QUOTE ]

wanna be mah personal pilot?? i tried to get my license but i got through the hours and hours of classes and test then it came to the fly time and it was a no go [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ill finish one day! til then i need a pilot/bitch
Old 10-03-2005, 05:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nope. Just a flyboy.

[/ QUOTE ]

wanna be mah personal pilot?? i tried to get my license but i got through the hours and hours of classes and test then it came to the fly time and it was a no go [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ill finish one day! til then i need a pilot/bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a flight instructor. I'll teach ya to fly instead of being your bitch. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nope. Just a flyboy.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a flight instructor. I'll teach ya to fly instead of being your bitch. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i cant [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] health reasons...which is why i didnt get my flight hours in...u guys make alot of money though - charing out the bum hole!! it wasnt too bad for me though cause i didnt have to pay for use of a plane but still jeez louise
Old 10-03-2005, 05:16 AM

drop the class and enroll in nosepicking 101
Old 10-03-2005, 05:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i cant [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] health reasons...which is why i didnt get my flight hours in...u guys make alot of money though - charing out the bum hole!! it wasnt too bad for me though cause i didnt have to pay for use of a plane but still jeez louise

[/ QUOTE ]

Flight schools make a lot of money. Flight instructors do not. The average yearly income of a full time flight instructor is sub-$20,000/year. Many are making $14k-16k/year. Seriously, this is one of the things that turned me off from flying for a living.