Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 09:21 PM

Default Re: limping w QTo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You don't always have the best hand on the turn.

There's a flush draw out, gutshots, and perhaps an oesd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are some of these folding for 1 sb on the flop? If we suddenly think we are behind on the turn we have the option not to raise. Equity is equity. I'm giving up something like 60% of the flop bets for 80% of the turn bets on 85% of the turn boards. I might slow down on the bad 15% but even then I have a great redraw.

Sets are all about putting as much money in the pot. It's rare that you really have to worry about hand protection with a set.

Krishan - 60

[/ QUOTE ]
**To observers-Me and Krishan are arguing about button's play if he held JJ, not MoDoh's QT in the CO, just to be clear.**

Going a little off course here, if you were button and had JJ, you aren't raising CO's flop bet immediately?

Also, back on course,
I did get confused on our position (forgot we were button) a little bit with this HH format, I wouldn't have said to 3-bet the flop when it comes back if I had seen the hand in a replayer.

I still would never play jacks like that in a large multiway pot with a couple draws on board. I'm raising the first flop bet. I think allowing only 1 bet on this flop is a terrible mistake.

I agree if I happened to misclick by calling the first bet, waiting till the turn is better for the reasons you stated.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: limping w QTo

[ QUOTE ]

I still would never play jacks like that in a large multiway pot with a couple draws on board. I'm raising the first flop bet. I think allowing only 1 bet on this flop is a terrible mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the pot is so large, and there are straight and flush draws out, dont you think the button might consider waiting for the turn to raise? Its too bad for him, since the SBs checkraise foils this plan, but he might still wait for the turn to raise the SB rather than limp/3betting and giving his hand away.

For the record, i still think he has AK, since its easy to put OP on a lone Q and he figures to have about three effective outs for over cards and four outs for a straight.