Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: to tell girls?

it depends on the chick. if they are my age (25), they usually are into the whole getting their career under the way thing and look at poker playing as irresponsible (for which i tell them that im taking my time with school because i have made several investments that have paid off). if they are younger, they usually don't give a rats ass so long as i flash the cash. if they are slightly older, they are usually beyond the whole irresponsibility thing, and kind of envy the fact that i make more money than they do, and do it on my own time. furthermore, there is kind of a bad boy image associated with gambling for a living that is kind of alluring.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:01 PM

There are waaaayyyy too many relationship-quality girls in this world for you to be stuck with one that can't accept you being a poker player.

When to tell them? When it comes up.

Her: "What do you like to do?"
You: "Oh I like to play golf, read, SIIHP and play poker."

When to ditch her if she has a problem with it?

Immediately.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Intelligent girls like it i find, once you explain that is a skill game.
But i was talking to one girl on msn the other day, who wasn't really the sharpest knife in the draw and it the convo went something like:

"Girl - So u gt a j0b den lyk?
Me - Not really, i just earn my money playing poker
Girl - omg wt u meen? y dnt u get a jb?
Me - Because i don't need or want one, i do fine with the poker
Girl - lyk omg r u dumb or summit?
Me - Why would I be dumb?
Girl - cz u dnt got a j0b innit
Me - Yeah but i don't need one, poker is my job
Girl - pkrs nt a job, its lyk fukin gamblin innit
*it was at this stage that i hit the delete contact button*

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a good thing to delete 12 year olds from your contact list before you end up in jail and become someones bitch.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:09 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 10:32 PM

Well this thread sucks but I have a funny story to add.

This summer I had some people out to my cabin including lots of 2+2ers, (Schneids, BK, Gonores, and Justin A) as well as the guys from minneapolis who I had been living with and some girls from next door. So after a day of wakeboarding, waterskiing, and winning benjamins of Schneids, BK and Justin at backyard kickball we started getting hammered. (OK to be fair, those guys were pretty hammered while we played kickball but they had no shot either way.) Anwyas, at some point in the night I went out in the boat with one of the girls that was there and after a some fooling around we decided to move things inside. So we get into the bedroom and while we were walking in she brought up the subject of poker. She started talking about how she thought it was dumb and blah blah blah and about how im going to lose all my money. So I was like, "you do realize that pretty much all the guys downstairs are professional poker players right?" And shes like "yeah I guess." And I say "well what if I told you that one of them has made XXXXXX amount of money this year (Im not even sure how much I said and Im not sure how this was supposed to help my argument but in my drunken mind it made sense.) When I said it I was obviously thinking of Mr. Luckbox, bicylefish.

So we talk for a few more minutes and I am getting ready to get down to busines when all the sudden she is totally uninterested and heads back downstairs. I get pretty confused but dont think much of it until I walk downstairs and see her flirting with Schneids! Apperently she thought I was talking about him when I made the comment about how much money BK had made and she proceeded to fixate 100% of her attention on him for the rest of the night. Needless to say, Schneider didnt capitalize on this gift that I placed in his lap, but we all had a pretty good laugh about it in the morning. And again that afternoon when one of them thought it would be funny to tell the story to entire table at canterbury [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I guess the moral of the story is: Only tell the girl about poker if you make more than all your friends. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But i was talking to one girl on msn the other day, who wasn't really the sharpest knife in the draw and it the convo went something like:

[/ QUOTE ]

Alex, I'll take "Unable to speak real English" for 400.

I don't weep for the future. I weep for the present. These people are in the work force.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This girl makes peachy seem literate in comparison.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Needless to say, Schneider didnt capitalize on this gift that I placed in his lap

[/ QUOTE ]
AWESOME!
Old 09-29-2005, 07:59 AM

awesome story.

i just told the girl that i've been seeing from myspace about me making [amount of money] from poker. i think this will not go over well for me.

when i saw her for the second or third time, we were playing card games (psoy-dos), and the topic of luck vs. skill came up. I tried to do the standard [AA vs. KK] 3 times vs. [AA vs. KK] 1000 times speech. she just blew it off, and never asked about my work again.

then after 2 weeks i had to move back up to santa barbara, and she wanted to know why. i told her that's the only place i can work, i need can only be profitable up there. she asked me again what i do and i didn't tell her.

one time she finally asked during a meal (mcdonalds drivethru breakfast) and i said "i play poker for a living." she said that doesn't sound good, i hope your luck doesn't run out. something to that effect. i didn't care.

now it's tonight and she calls me up and wants me to drive 2 hours to her place to stay, and then i drive back in the morning. i'm like bullshit, i'm tired, and i had a horrible day at work. she's like "poker, what did you lose?" she asks how much. i don't tell her. she bothers me for a good 2 minutes before i finally say "35 hundred." she doesn't talk for seriously like 4-5 seconds, which is a big pause in conversations.

all of a sudden she wants to drive 2 hours to see me. i told her not to worry about it, i have to come down to help my brother move on the weekend.

i'll update the trip report as it goes
Old 09-29-2005, 04:37 PM

You left out the best part. She didn't assume you meant schneider. She asked you who and you froze up and said Schneids instead of me cause you said later "bk's got game and might actually do something with her, schneider wont do [censored]."

The funny thing is he was 100% spot on. It was pathetic. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]