Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Getting Pissed Off At Players Hitting On You

I agree..."Zen and the Art of Poker" is a great book to help you gain control again. It helps you bring an inner peace with those bad beats and helps you to learn to keep cool.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So wait, are you a girl?

[/ QUOTE ]
a/s/l tyvm
Old 09-30-2005, 02:18 AM

Low Content Warning

I'm in the midst of my worst losing streak ever. I know your pain right now. Its driving me nuts too. Consistent gutshots, two-outers (got nailed with another one-outer in PLO8 last night - after making a solid read and calling with top two . . .he had no low draw, just A2210 vs. my A2QJ on an AQ6 board), people immediately calling with flush draws (no overs) to my all-ins (no odds!).

I lost $1400 last week and I'm down close to a grand this week. I've made a few mistakes in 7 Card calling down when I was fairly certain he/she outdrew. There's been a few hands in NL SNG's that I wonder if I couldve played differently i.e. Villian raises with AK, I move on QQ(blinds 50/100 Hero in the SB). Maybe I could've smooth-called and moved on the flop if all blanks.

I'm losing more footraces than I'm winning. I got ridiculously pissed one night when I thought I was losing more than half, so I kept track the next night. Lost 19 of 29 . . . just absurd.

I've sucked out once in the last two days on someone vs. countless on my end.

Tonight, just played 4 single SNG (moved down to $20s b/c they're even worse than the $30 players). Hands I went out on:
Table 1:
Hero: AQ in the SB
Seat7 limps in
SB: Calls the 5

Hero raises to 85 (questionable considering position and stage of the tourney)
Seat 7 folds, SB calls.
Flop:7c,4c,Qs

Hero bets out 200. SB raises. Hero thinks, moves all-in. SB has 4,7

Table 2: Villian raises to 200 (blinds 50/100) Hero short-stack all in AK (for 500+)called by QJ . . .flop =9,8,3 blanks, turn a K, river the 10

Table 3:
blinds 50/100
Hero in BB with 5,8
SB calls the 50, Hero checks
Flop: 5,8,3
SB bets 100, Hero raises to 300
Turn: Q
SB checks, Hero moves . . .called by Q5 SB!

Table 4:
Heads Up final(stacks I have the Villian covered by 500ish): Hero K,7
Flop: K,9,3
Villian bets pot of 700, Hero raises to 1800, Villian moves all-in. Hero calls. Villian shows 9,7 . . . guess what the turn was!

This is the [censored] thats hitting me over and over and over again. I take breaks, watch movies, go to the gym, watch TV, beat off. I'm playing less so I'm not steaming when I sit down. But inevitably its the same thing, I look to improve on the hands I played like crap. Get away from the hands my gut it telling me to fold (oh yeah, in one those tonight I pick up 77 in late position. Wild donk is moving all-in every 3rd hand. I think about it and fold b/c I don't want to footrace someone I'm sure I can get later on. BB calls with A,10. What did the donk have? 3,7 . . .turn and riv were both 3s).

In two years I've made a solid amount on Party. Enough to quit a decent job that was putting me through school and paying my rent+utilities+bills. But these last two weeks, theres just no solace in the 'eh, I played it well, just got unlucky'. You refresh your memory, sit down for another session and its just the same garbage again. I despise playing when I'm tilting b/c I'm more prone to making mistakes.

I've been through bad runs before, at worst they last a couple days. I even had them run close to a week before. It always seems like there's no end in sight, yet truthfully I know it won't last like this forever.

Bright, if you're a long-term winning player you know we're both just making investments in these idiots who can't get any luckier. The math WILL win out in the end.

Better luck to the both of us (SOON)
John

"Why are they cheering so loud??? Don'y they realize he got his money in as a 10-1 underdog?" (Phil Hellmuth)
Old 09-30-2005, 02:32 AM

i dunno man, i feel for ya. you just gotta pull through the beats, because as long as you're a winning player you will hit that rush again.

the beats still can drive me mad, and i have experienced tons of them. and i know that the players giving me the beats are what make this game profitable.. just try not to tilt, basically. if you quit when you know you are mad you will do yourself a favor in the long run.