Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Empire v. Paradise

It depends what you like. Those are horribly tight tables so there won't be any action, but you can probably steal some pots.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:04 PM

Paradise game selection techniques don't work on Party. It took me time to make the adjustment too.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:30 PM

My 10,000 hand review won't be any huge affair, just mostly a discussion of how the software works, how good support is, how fast cash outs are, which site is prettier, etc. This is designed to give someone thinking about moving to either site a heads up on what to expect on the non-poker side of things.

Since this thread is talking about more poker-related material, I might add my thoughts in for that as well, but 10,000 hands is a small sample size for that type of analysis.

What's clear after ~4300 hands is that the Party network, compared to Paradise, is ridiculously tight. I'm a bit miffed as one of the reasons I switched was to find seas full of fish. Ouch.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:45 PM

That is a great table for me as long as the 50 is either 1, 2, or 3 to my right.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Table 1: 26.2, 13, 13.3, 12.3, 20, 18.9, 50. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that thinks that is a good table? I play mostly 5/10, so I guess it's all relative. Still, it seems like you should do pretty well at a table like that (especially if they're as bad post flop as I remember 2/4 being).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-28-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's clear after ~4300 hands is that the Party network, compared to Paradise, is ridiculously tight. I'm a bit miffed as one of the reasons I switched was to find seas full of fish. Ouch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party, especially at the 2/4 level has tightened up considerably in the last several months. You can't just plop down at a table. And the good tables are tougher to find and don't last as long.

I haven't played at Paradise in quite sometime, if what you say is true, I may try Paradise for a while. I suppose the recent advertising has brought them some new players.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:21 PM

True. What I find on the higher limit games is that it's just one moron at the table and everyone else has VPIP around or under 20%. So basically everyone follows him around all day and hopes to get money off of him. As soon as he leaves the table breaks up (I often sit out just to see if it will be any good once he's gone). I can always tell when a live one left the game I entered. Most players have the "default buy in" and/or are sitting out waiting for their blind
Old 09-28-2005, 04:59 PM

I have seen this in PL08 too. I think it relates to Pokertracker and HUDs. If you are a serious player looking for edges, you are going to migrate to the sites where you can use your tools. Pokerace and Pokerview both work best on Party and skins, and not at all at Paradise, where HHs are a pain to retrieve. Moreover, I am sure that the VAST majority of the users of this software tighten up as a result of using it, which only tightens tables pre-flop even more.

I used to think that Stars and Paradise had the toughest tables to beat, and Party was filled with fish. Now, I think Stars has the most bigname pros, but plenty of average players, Paradise has as many donks as quality players, and Party poker is slowly filling up with very serious lower level players looking to exploit every advantage.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:17 PM

All the fish have moved to 6-max.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:43 PM

From my experience as a European player on mostly Party, the games are pretty tight, and that to me means <25% VPIP% average with me excluded. I however spent a few days at home and sat up all night and played. I was amazed at the change, at midnight my time (6 pm EST) the games became a whole lot easier (as in looser, fits my style at least), going up to 40% and such, and I didn't have to stalk my usual buddies around to find a decent game.

What times do you play?
Old 09-28-2005, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What times do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

During lunch, after work (9 to 5 job) and as much as possible Fri-Sun. I would LOVE to be able to take advantage of the drunk suckers in the midnight hour, but I just can't stay up that late.