Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: King high against rock with high wtsd%

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PREFLOP: Close enough between raising or calling that its not worth discussing.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a raise, and it's not close or worth discussing. KQo simply has too much to gain by limiting the field.

Betting the river isn't going to be profitable. Most players don't have the "call the turn and fold the river with AK UI" line in their repertoire, and from villain's preflop stats it is unlikely that he has this level of sophistication. So once he calls the turn his hand range on this dry board can be narrowed down to hands that beat you. I'd bet AK again, but KQ is begging to be called by A-high or middle pocket pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]
KQo is not a clear raise utg in a 9 handed game. It is very close between raising, calling, and folding. No matter how you play this hand in this situation, your long term earn will not be affected. Which is exactly why I feel it is a waste of time to even discuss this preflop situation. Depending on which opponents are left behind me and the overall texture of the game, there have been times when I have raised KQ, just called with KQ and folded KQ.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB is LPP, CO is a 16/4/0.4 rock with 45% went to showdown over 90 hands. Anyone give up sooner?

Cryptologic £3.00/£6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

[/ QUOTE ]

CO calls and shows a pair of fives?
Old 09-27-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BB is LPP, CO is a 16/4/0.4 rock with 45% went to showdown over 90 hands. Anyone give up sooner?

Cryptologic £3.00/£6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font>

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

[/ QUOTE ]

CO calls and shows a pair of fives?

[/ QUOTE ]

A pair of queens. I think he's folding 88 and lower preflop.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:44 PM

I understand betting the flop, but once you're HU vs. the rock on the turn, I think there's absolutely zero value in betting the turn, let alone the river. He's not betting a worse hand if you check it to him, and probably not even betting a pocket pair &gt;QQ. So just check it, let him check it through, and check the river.