Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Turn play with TPWK and Nut Flush Draw

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree. Position becomes a lot less relevant if you flop your flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Position is ALWAYS relevant.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree. Position becomes a lot less relevant if you flop your flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but i was talking about preflop.

Your statement doesn't relate to what i was saying [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking back, I think that I should have just called the Turn bet. Does anyone disagree with this line of thinking and if so, why?

Turn: (13.00 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (19.00 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, raising the turn was not the best play for several reasons.

1. You have virtually no chance of folding everyone and winning this pot right here, especially the SB who obviously likes his hand a lot.

2. You are almost surely behind here and drawing. Therefore the raise is not for value. You would need 4 callers to create value for a flush draw with only one card to come. (4:1 odds.)

3. You want overcalls because if you make your hand it will probably win and you want to collect on the river from them. If they have two pair or a set now, they won't fold anyway, so you can't protect against a full house draw. If they don't have two pair or a set now, they can't beat your flush. If you catch another A you should be good too. If you spike an eight, I don't see anything that is not beating that already beating that on the river.

4. You might get three bet, (which you did), costing you extra for your draw.

RIVER: You can fold even though it's a big pot. Your not winning unless SB is a maniac. I like to look at WTSD and WSD. That will clue you about the strength of the hands villian shows down if you have enough hands on them.