Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: take the free card or bet again?

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: I'll probably fire again, but this is the last money I'm putting into this pot unimproved (although I guess if I get check raised on the turn I'll have to call to try and hit my gutshot).

[/ QUOTE ]

If we get check-raised on the turn we don't have odds to draw to our gutshot, do we? Or are we also going to include some of our overcard outs (discounted of course) in this equation?
Old 09-27-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Take the free card on 4th. You have 3 almost-certain outs. Your overcard outs may have been counterfeited by the board pair.

I take the freebie, and check/fold the river if I don't hit. You're acting last and trips should bet the river (of course this is a .50/1.00 PP table...so who knows what they might do.)

[/ QUOTE ]

So are we assuming that

1) a player who paired a 9 on the flop is going to slow play it? (you mean that player didn't bet his 9 because there was a T on the board?)

2) a player who made trips on the turn isn't going to do anything to get more money in the pot?

Yea, hindsight is 20/20, but I have 20/15 vision, so I like to think I am ahead of the game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 11:10 AM

After seeing no aggrression so far, bet. In seeing no aggression Im assuming TP will win a large percentage of the time. A bet may get K4 to fold or any A. Your probably behind, but betting probably increases your winning chances. And as good ol Ed says "If you don't bet they can't fold."

If I bet the turn and see aggression after that I re-evaluate.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After seeing no aggrression so far, bet. In seeing no aggression Im assuming TP will win a large percentage of the time. A bet may get K4 to fold or any A. Your probably behind, but betting probably increases your winning chances. And as good ol Ed says "If you don't bet they can't fold."

If I bet the turn and see aggression after that I re-evaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the play at .5/1 is so loose that a check might be more profitable in the longrun. You may improve on the river, then you bet, you might get a caller or two with worse hands. unimproved on the turn, I don't think that many better hands will fold, not even a lonely Ace. I think betting here will net us a loss in the long run more than a win. at .5/1, i'm not too keen on betting to make 'em all fold. Bluffing isn't exceptionally viable at these stakes, just bet for value most of the time and you'll make big bucks.

(of course, you need to bluff occasionally to mix up your play...but value betting one major distinction b/w high-med stakes games and small stakes games (ie where the players are much looser and much less skilled))

felipe