View Poll Results: Power forward
Tim Duncan 29 30.53%
Larry Nance 1 1.05%
Karl Malone 23 24.21%
Round Mound 21 22.11%
Elgin Baylor 21 22.11%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Tenant moving out, how to split bills?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fine. I might believe you if I think about it. I just don't understand why you'd go read the contract AFTER you got out of it (I mean, you didn't read it before, but yet you knew you got out of the contract, so you knew there was binding literature in it. Maybe knowledge of the contract came to you in a dream). But whatever. I'm sure you can make up something to explain that, too.

Thanks for your help....not sure what you've done, but thanks.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I never said I read teh contract. I dont know if I ever even got one, if i did I threw it away. I just took what they told me for face value, stupid? sure. Did you actually read any or my posts, or are you just going to blindly be a moron like sponger?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your first post says you signed a contract.

Your first reply to me says you got a contract.

Both say it was for a year, so you MUST have read it.

Do you read your own posts? You certainly don't keep them consistent.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, I wasnt clear, my fault, they told me what was in the contract, over the phone, and again before signing. But I dont know what I actually signed.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:35 AM

The lease did not make any mention of controling pests, least of all outside (where they were). What other stuff is essential to determine? Nobody broke any terms of the lease, so I don't see why it would come into play, but I'm far from a landlord.

Josh
Old 09-26-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

sorry, I wasnt clear, my fault, they told me what was in the contract, over the phone, and again before signing. But I dont know what I actually signed.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did you know what was in the contract when you called to cancel or not?
Old 09-26-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So did you know what was in the contract when you called to cancel or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew what the said in person, and over the phone, but didnt not read teh actual contract. And appearently it HAD to be different (what I signed) than what the told me, if they let me out.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
convo:
Hi this is stlantny, account number, blah blah, I see I have a payment due in a couple weeks, I dont think i really need the last 2 sprayings done, am I able to cancel my contract, or am I tied to it? (Which I was pretty sure I couldnt, but I really didnt read the contract or anything).

Lady: Ya sure, no problem, were you disatisifed with anything?

Me: well they didnt do much for 75$, except givee some glue boards, adn spray some cracks which took all fo 2 minutes.

Her: Well, ok, no prob, Im marking this contract as canceled, just send yuor payment in for the last spraying.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, when did this occur?
[ QUOTE ]
signed a year contract, for 4 sprayings, only used 2, and then called and just played dumb, telling them thats not what they told me, yada, yada

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-26-2005, 02:50 AM

First off, it looks like the landlord was legally responsible in the first place. Lots of legal pages if you google, but here's a simple plain english one: pest control.

However, P did E a favor and paid for the pest control. Now, the question is, was P doing E the favor for the time they lived their together, or for as long as the contract went on? Based on your description, it is hard to know what other implied arrangements existed. Maybe P was willing to do this when they both lived together because E did the dishes. Without understanding the context in which the agreement was made, it is hard to make a jugdgement on who should be responsible, now that both have moved out of the house.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:53 AM

That occured, when I said, "am I able to cancel my contract?" I was fairly sure that I wouldnt be able to. But 30 seconds was worth saving some cash to try. The part that they didnt tell me was how little I would get for 75$, which is what I expressed to teh lady.

I realyl dont understand why this is hard to comprehend.
Or why people like michael davis who frequent prostitutes are getting all high and mighty.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:01 AM

"Or why people like michael davis who frequent prostitutes are getting all high and mighty."

This shows a serious lack of logic skills, one that pretty much prohibits you from engaging in a fundamental argument, or at least doing so in a competent manner.

-Michael
Old 09-26-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I realyl dont understand why this is hard to comprehend.
Or why people like michael davis who frequent prostitutes are getting all high and mighty.

[/ QUOTE ]

You badmouthed stealing, then stole.

If MDavis badmouthed going to prostitutes, then went, you'd have a case. I've never seen him badmouthing them though.

J
Old 09-26-2005, 03:06 AM

Your pest control link assumes them in the house (at least the bit I scanned). This, like I said in the original post, was all outside.

To me...they called, found out the cost, E said she couldn't afford it, and P said she'd be financially responsible for it, knowing exactly what "it" constituted. P basically was just asking for E's permission since E is the homeowner.

Josh