Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 08:26 PM

Default Re: crippling the deck. gimme a line.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think calling an utg raise w/77 can be correct in your position - explain please.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain can get a little weird and frisky preflop (open raise QTo UTG +2),

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not 3 bet to try to keep this to a heads up confrontation? Did you just call becuz you were in the kind of game where one cold call creates many more calls? I would tend to 3 bet in this situation if I thought I could get it heads up and I would just call if i was in a very loose game and hope to create a 5way+ pot.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:18 AM

Default results

Canterbury 15/30. 9 handed.

villain can get a little weird and frisky preflop (open raise QTo UTG +2), but haven't seen him do anything absurd postflop.

He raises UTG, 1 fold, I cold call with 77. SB calls, BB folds.

Flop 3 ways: A77r
UTG bets, I call, SB folds.

Turn: 4
UTG checks, I, being of limited intellect, bet. he folded and claims the A saved him tones of loot with his KK as i flash my 7777.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think calling an utg raise w/77 can be correct in your position - explain please.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain can get a little weird and frisky preflop (open raise QTo UTG +2),

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not 3 bet to try to keep this to a heads up confrontation? Did you just call becuz you were in the kind of game where one cold call creates many more calls? I would tend to 3 bet in this situation if I thought I could get it heads up and I would just call if i was in a very loose game and hope to create a 5way+ pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

the table was insanely loose. (earlier a donkey called my raise on the button with 93s.) I figured lotsa donks would come along if I CC'ed. I probably could have cleared the field with a 3-bet, but I'm likely not all that far ahead of UTG. I figured I'd try to win a big pot and flop goot. i got the 2nd part right.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:17 AM

Well you don't really have the deck crippled as he could have an ace. Probably he was stealing on the flop and will fold the turn. But from his point of view, you can't be on a draw, so you have to have something. So if he's smart he won't bluff the river even if you check behind. Therefore I think you should bet here. It's very likely he will fold to your bet, but it's still your best chance to make some more $$$ here.