Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Friday\'s Micro MTT Challenge RESULTS

Nice finish Exitonly, and a scoring change is definately needed I realized I could probably just leave my comp and win our sidebet because there were still over 100 people left in my last tourney thanks to the system heavily weighting the larger tournies but that would have been no fun [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2005, 05:51 PM

I really think you should only get points if you cash instead of a percentile-of-the-field based system. Then work from there.

IMO, it should be ROI-based. For instance, if you play in a $1 tournament and cash for $12, you make a net of 11 buyins. Notice how this is different from $$$ earned, which would put a big favor in whoever does well in the $3 and $2 tournaments.

Please comment on what you guys think of that.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:59 PM

I like something more tlb-oriented since we're dealing with such a small sample size (tlb takes top 15% vs. cash which is usually 10%). Chances are, though, the leading ROI would probably be the winner anyways.

Also, is there any thought to paying top 3 vs. WTA if we have a lot of entries (say over 10 or so).
Old 09-24-2005, 10:49 PM

<<<$$$ earned, which would put a big favor in whoever does well in the $3 and $2 tournaments.>>>

I suggested $ earned because if there were no contest, it is exactly what you'd want to maximize. If you had the choice of going deep in the $3 or the $1, you'd obviously choose the $3 because it would put more $ in your pocket. However for contest purposes, it would be reasonable (and easy) to make each of the tourney's "equal" by calculating total buy-in's won.

This contest sounds like a heck of a lot of fun, I haven't competed yet cause I can't multi-table to save my life. I'm still trying to figure out how to play one without screwing up royally. Probably won't keep me from giving it a try though.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:07 PM

problem with buyins won, is that for most people there will be 1 or 2 scores... and i like the idea of each tournament meaning something.. tahst why i originally picked top 30%.. because it should include a good amount more tournaments than top 10% (payouts) would show.

i think that %finish point system looked good and unless i think of something, or see something better, that's what we'll use for tomorrow. If the feedback for tomorrow isn't so hot we can always change it again.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:55 AM

Are the tourneys predetermined?
There's no way to play like all 12 listed.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sure there is
Old 09-25-2005, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Exit makes a list of which ones will count. Don't be surprised to see 8 in close proximity to each other, though. I wouldn't be shocked if all 12 went into play. It'd be a tough day, but I think it's highly unlikely that anyone would be playing all 12 at once.

It'd be fun if you were, though.

-D.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:20 AM

New system = sum of ROIs for each tourny? That way, it corresponds pretty closely to playing +EV (although it encourages risk taking, since it's a winner takes all), but doesn't make the $3 too weighty.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:36 AM

What time is this thing starting on sunday? I'd love to play but I dont't want to miss the Steelers vs Patriots.