Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think WILL win?
An Tran - 337k Chips 8 6.45%
Can Kim Hua - 440k Chips 2 1.61%
Randy Edmonson - 89k Chips 2 1.61%
Charlie Huff - 500k Chips 0 0%
Liz Lieu - 177k Chips 5 4.03%
David 10 8.06%
Allen Cunningham - 728k Chips 48 38.71%
Scott Fischman - 707k Chips 48 38.71%
Richard Boutwell - 264k Chips 1 0.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: Standing/Dancing at concerts??

[ QUOTE ]

How could I argue with such impeccable logic? Especially coming from someone with such an impressive concert resume. 77 dead shows taught you alot about compassion and brotherly love, huh?

I guess the fat ass overgrown hippy girl simply didn't know what to do with herself in those moments of quiet introspection. She's probably too stupid to share your understanding of such subtle insights. Perhaps stewing in the juices of her own fried brain for those moments became too painful to bear and she took the words of the Grateful Dead to heart, "If you get confused just listen to the music play".

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this have to do with compassion?

I'll add some more hyperbole (although not as much as claiming to be "atop Hubbert's curve"). Seats in front of me were empty. Assigned seating. Hippie chick sits down, almost spills her rum and coke or whatever and then sparks one up. No regard to the 6 year old sitting two seats next to me, or my business partner's kids two seats to my right. If I had brought my kid I would have told her to smoke her dope elsewhere.

Just because she's groovin to the music doesn't mean she is the only person in the place and can't disregard the people around her.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hippie chick sits down, almost spills her rum and coke or whatever and then sparks one up. No regard to the 6 year old sitting two seats next to me, or my business partner's kids two seats to my right. If I had brought my kid I would have told her to smoke her dope elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me get this straight: You were so upset by her dancing at a concert that you had to start this thread, call her names and even suggest throwing things at her, but her illicit drug use in front of an acquaintance's children is just an aside to this, a minor annoyance not even worth mentioning to her? Yeah, I'd say you're being totally reasonable.

BTW, I've got nothing against grass, but I do agree it shouldn't be smoked around children. Of course, rock concerts aren't always the best place for kids.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me get this straight: You were so upset by her dancing at a concert that you had to start this thread, call her names and even suggest throwing things at her, but her illicit drug use in front of an acquaintance's children is just an aside to this, a minor annoyance not even worth mentioning to her? Yeah, I'd say you're being totally reasonable.

BTW, I've got nothing against grass, but I do agree it shouldn't be smoked around children. Of course, rock concerts aren't always the best place for kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not upset, just curious. Actually the concessioner who sold me a bottled water without the cap implied that it could be thrown at someone.

I could care less if someone is getting high at the show (in fact I miss the days when they would share with strangers) I bring up the kids because it shows her complete obliviousness to the scence around her.

Are you saying kids shouldn't be taken to concerts?
Old 09-20-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying kids shouldn't be taken to concerts?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm saying that concerts aren't always the best place for them. Whether they "should" be brought probably depends on the show, the parents' ability to watch them properly, the kid's age, and things like that. I don't have kids, so I don't really think about things like that, but if I was at a show, I would feel a little weird about toking up with kids around.

Sometimes the language at a rock concert is what may be called obscene, and there's often public nudity, although to be perfectly honest, I have no problem with obscene language or nudity, and I like to think that if I had kids, they wouldn't have to have a problem with those things either.

However, there is also large amounts of public drunkenness, not a good thing, which leads to fights, also not a good thing. There is often drug use at concerts, sometimes public use of substances heavier than weed.

As I said, I guess it all depends on the show. But I also guess a responsible parent could handle things as they see fit.