Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Another KJ for TP - can I overcall with it?

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, the BOOK says play KJo in 3-5 game from MP and raising with KQo from late position. If you read on, you will find these are not in stone, ADJUST to your game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yesterday was a bad hand reading day for me. For some reason I thought this hero was in MP1 on this hand. From the button this is an easy call.

As for a raise, I agree with your ADJUST advice. From the one hand I know about this table, it's tight (3 callers) and somewhat aggressive (sb raised). If this hand is representative of the table then you should not adjust by raising MORE borderline hands PF.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:49 AM

I see what you are saying SeaEagle. I still like the raise here because I feel I would have a better read on SB "if" he didn't fold to the raise. Ed does suggest somewhere in that book with 2 limpers to raise KJo on button in attempt to fold blinds. But, good read on the table could effect that. Probably one of those close decisions that one is ok and the other better. But, as you agree, folding big mistake.

I have been known to misread a posted hand myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Have a good day.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:58 AM

Forgive me if I'm a moron, but doesn't the posted hand have the Hero in MP2, with 3 to act behind him?

I think folding isn't a bad choice in that spot (it really depends on how the 3 left and the blinds will tend to react to your raise). I'd raise or fold this, and hesitate to call. Calling invites a multi-way pot with me out of position, not really what I want with KJo.

Why do people keep talking about the button? It's an almost auto-raise with 1 limper from the button, but we're not in that situation (unless I can't read the OP in 5 tries).