Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Live hand vs Justin A

[ QUOTE ]

Order of the turn and river cards doesn't matter all that much, but the flop action definitely matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? How does the order not matter?

If the board really did come down J96 - 8 - T, then i'm raising this river every time.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Order of the turn and river cards doesn't matter all that much, but the flop action definitely matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the board really did come down J96 - 8 - T, then i'm raising this river every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, yeah thats a good point. see guys, i told you he doesnt play KQ this way.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit you're right, sorry. It was T then 8.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:14 AM

Default Results

Wow yeah I screwed up the flop in the post as bad as I screwed up the river in the hand. But the ten was on the turn, I was open ended for sure. My river play was just awful, when I wrote the post and looked at it it was just painful. Glad NLSoldier and a few others were here to say so. Justin had 96s and yeah he played it good.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-19-2005, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Wow yeah I screwed up the flop in the post as bad as I screwed up the river in the hand. But the ten was on the turn, I was open ended for sure. My river play was just awful, when I wrote the post and looked at it it was just painful. Glad NLSoldier and a few others were here to say so. Justin had 96s and yeah he played it good.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm starting to be unsure about my river bet.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Results

Well since I told you I was folding the river without improvement, yeah I think its close. But am I right to do so? I think I must call if I make 2 pair, the straight (raise maybe but obv not fold), or any board card pairs.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-18-2005, 05:19 PM

I have no idea what he has as no hand makes sense here. KQ is check/raising the flop since your PFR could be a wide range of hands. Against someone who is on AA-99/AK-AT/KQ-KJ I could see playing it this way, but when you start tossing hands like 88 and QT into the mix it becomes a clear flop check/raise IMO.

His turn play reeks of a big hand though since this turn will get checked through from time to time. I just don't understand what type of big hand will check/call the flop though.

QTs is the only hand that I can think of that might be able to pull off this move. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Way off again?

Brad
Old 09-18-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what he has as no hand makes sense here. KQ is check/raising the flop since your PFR could be a wide range of hands. Against someone who is on AA-99/AK-AT/KQ-KJ I could see playing it this way, but when you start tossing hands like 88 and QT into the mix it becomes a clear flop check/raise IMO.

His turn play reeks of a big hand though since this turn will get checked through from time to time. I just don't understand what type of big hand will check/call the flop though.

QTs is the only hand that I can think of that might be able to pull off this move. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Way off again?

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I would only 3bet this flop with a very very strong hand, because there's almost no chance the other two opponents were going to fold for two more bets. Make sure you note that the flop action was actually BB bets, one caller, Donkey raises, I call, others call.

FWIW I think I played the flop and turn very well.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:31 PM

you guys saying "given that he would play KQ this way its a call....blah blah blah" are wrong. First of all, he wouldnt play KQ this way,I know he said he did, he lied. 2nd of all, even if he would, his range is way bigger than KQ and hes probably not gonna fold to a river raise vs a friend.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you guys saying "given that he would play KQ this way its a call....blah blah blah" are wrong. First of all, he wouldnt play KQ this way,I know he said he did, he lied. 2nd of all, even if he would, his range is way bigger than KQ and hes probably not gonna fold to a river raise vs a friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would play KQ like this.

The bolded point is important.