Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: McCain can\'t lose in 2008

Yes, you do refute the OP it is insane to say anyone cant lose, I didnt mean to imply that you did not. I was refering to those hypothetical match ups in your post in saying they are meaningless interms of those candidates strength in the primaries.

We are still 2+ years from New Hampshire and Iowa with a midterm election in 14 months where some of the candidates like McCain and Hillary can cash in on their star power by helping to elect some more members of thier party to the House Senate and Govnorships thus strengthening their support throughout the country and making their candidacy more viable, just like Sen. Allen after chairing the NRSC last cycle when the GOP was kicking ass in the 2004 elections.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3. "Socially Reasonable" will be a plus in 2008, in my
opinion, even with the right-wing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about the late response but....lol. LOL!

Not the right wing that I know and love.

McCain would be a huge digression for many social conservatives and Bush supporters. This "new" conservatism is on the march, why back out now but electing a centrist which will certainly support more gay rights and less restrictions on abortion than Bush?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry about the late response but....lol. LOL!

Not the right wing that I know and love.

McCain would be a huge digression for many social conservatives and Bush supporters. This "new" conservatism is on the march, why back out now but electing a centrist which will certainly support more gay rights and less restrictions on abortion than Bush?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you name gay rights legistation McCain supports that Bush opposes. What abortion restrictions does McCain oppose that Bush supports?
Old 09-19-2005, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How McCain smeared Bush?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zoolander comes to mind..."I feel like I've been taking crazy pills."
Old 09-19-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How McCain smeared Bush?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zoolander comes to mind..."I feel like I've been taking crazy pills."

[/ QUOTE ]

How quickly people forget. McCain smeared Bush in the Michigan primary. Go look it up.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How quickly people forget. McCain smeared Bush in the Michigan primary. Go look it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed it. Did his campaign call voters in Michigan to 'let them know' Bush is the adopted father of black kid? And did the McCain campaign forget to mention (because, of course, those good ole' boy GOP voters certainly don't care) that in fact, the child was adopted? I can't remember. Can you remind me, BGC?

I guess that McCain just isn't a man of true character. No 'man of true character' would do something so despicable as play on their constituents' racial fears, now would they? Besides, we all know the GOP got rid of their racist members 50 years ago. They would never find mixed-race children alarming. Never, I say.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did his [the McCain] campaign call voters in Michigan

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, yes it did. In fact, his campaign specifically targeted the calling of Catholic voters in Michigan.

Go on living in your one-sided dream world.. In reality, every major candidate in 2000 in both parties did their share of smearing. But you don't want to remember that.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Go on living in your one-sided dream world.. In reality, every major candidate in 2000 in both parties did their share of smearing. But you don't want to remember that.

[/ QUOTE ]

But wait. I thought Bush was a man of true character. Now he's just an everyday, mud-slinging, smearing, do-anything-to-win politican like the rest?

Perhaps he doesn't possess an exception character after all? I mean, his campaign did call South Carolina voters to remind them that McCain had a black kid; and didn't mention it was adopted. I can't figure out why they would do that. Can you, BGC?

I truly wonder what use the Bush campaign thought those calls would have, anyway? Something indicative of true, upstanding, and moral character, I'm sure. I mean, the Bush campaign couldn't have been appealing to racial fears still prevalent in some parts of the GOP, right? I mean, racism is dead, right? I thought 'race' was just a tool used by liberals to cast Republicans in a poor light. Yeah, that must be it. No racism in the GOP. Bush would never be party to something so unsavory as appealing to racist constituents, right? I mean, because racists constituents don't even exist in the GOP! Duh!

Yeah, I'll keep living in a dream world.

Anyway, if you figure out why the Bush campaign made those calls, let me know. Until then, I'll keep dreaming.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, if you figure out why the Bush campaign made those calls, let me know. Until then, I'll keep dreaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it was his campaign that made the calls, but others who supported him. (and he can't control all his supporters, you know. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 09-19-2005, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it was his campaign that made the calls, but others who supported him. (and he can't control all his supporters, you know. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh but it was McCain himself who smeared Bush!

You sir are paid for by the DNC; this just can't be real.