Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 02:02 AM

Default The Sky is RISING!

[ QUOTE ]
Are anthropogenic greenhouse gases overwhelming what would be the cooling phase of the natural cycle? Just balancing it? Or just slowing it down? I think available evidence points toward the first hypothesis fairly strongly, but it still raises the question: What happens when we stop burning fossil fuels?

[/ QUOTE ]
The indicision. Simply, which hypothesis to believe? The world would be better served in understanding whether there was any decision to be made.

Reading this simply confirms to me that there is far too much static in the information. Everybody back-off and let the mathematicians interpret the data in a blind study.

I've seen temperature charts from around the world -- and composites from known records -- if I took the last 100 years and graphed it on a timeline, then for comparison added average hourly prices for beef matching the interval count, along with an RNG output that had the same known deviation -- I could then randomly mix the charts together -- present them to "experts", and learn that they couldn't discern which were the temperature charts.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Large Deviation

Your post is a rarity - for you. It allows for a brief response. Here it is:

You have again presented to us the "so far, so good" argument. Your logic is flawed. Your use of the data is selective, to say the least. You do not, for instance, account for the sudden and colossal increase in human population, for which no precedent as to the sutstainability of the biosystem exists. (Planet of the Apes, anyone?)

When all is said and done, what we are doing (and a major cause for the increase in our numbers) amounts to destroying, i.e. burning up, within the timespan of the blink of an eye (200 years) a chunk of the biosphere that took millions of years to form! In the process, we are causing stuff to emit that has probably only been encountered in the past during serious geological changes, among which volcano eruptions are the mildest.

So, once again, with very soft voice, truly close to your mug, and the tooth driller humming, what do you think, Is it safe?
Old 09-19-2005, 03:02 AM

Default Send Donations! I\'m NOT a Wacko!

I live in Arizona. In all probability, this will be my last day on earth as a result of what I am about to experience -- a predictable event that has been ignored for far too long. I've decided to keep a diary of these events, so that in the event my body is discovered -- the world will have the evidence needed to understand what led to my demise.

7:00am - Sunrise. Temperature 70F.

8:00am - Temperature 74F. Cloud cover clearing.

9:00am - Temperature 78F. At this rate, I expect 90F by Noon.

10:00am - Temperature 86F. Worse than expected. Prepare for temperatures reaching 134F by Noon.

11:00am - Temperature 105. There is clearly a non-linear relationship in the time-line and temperature gain. I've challenged a group from the math department to correllate the observed data. I'm sorry to inform you that by 9pm this evening the temperature is expected to reach as high as 1,450F.

4:00pm - Temperature 106F. Have completed evacuation of residence in record time, not in any small part due to the temperature having reached an unpredicted equilibrium. All precautions are now in place. Now we wait.

5:00pm - Temperature 93F. Race toward record temperatures. Reviewing data.

7:00pm - Temperature will sustain life. Sun appears to have sought a more advantageous position. We are currently reviewing the model, and expect to be back with all of you soon.

11:59pm - Temperature 58F. After having reviewed the model, we can safely say that the temperature differential between now and sunrise tomorrow, given the historical temperature-gain coefficient and other model data exceeds 1800F ...
Old 09-19-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Send Donations! I\'m NOT a Wacko!

[ QUOTE ]
9:00am - Temperature 78F. At this rate, I expect 90F by Noon.

11:00am - Temperature 105.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lucky for all of us that your underestimation of more than 15 degrees was just for the day and local, as opposed to hundreds of years and global.

-ptmusic
Old 09-23-2005, 12:48 AM

Default LMAO

[ QUOTE ]
Lucky for all of us that your underestimation of more than 15 degrees was just for the day and local, as opposed to hundreds of years and global.

[/ QUOTE ]