Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: WCOOP #11 Limit Omaha H/L

[ QUOTE ]

Got a little Captain in you?

[/ QUOTE ]

More than a little, I am walking the whole plank tonight
~Justin
Old 09-14-2005, 10:19 PM

well, that was rough. First, I'm drawing to several nut lows, several nut highs - hit my nut flush, but it pairs the board and a guy who CCPFed with Q235 (super fishy) raises my river because he has 33355. Crippled to 6K or so. Then I get a sweet double opp when I am 3 bet AI by like 9QQK (also fishy) which splits my made str8/low with A345 because he flushes the river. Then I make a miracle hand when UTG (well, AJ35, but the miracle part is that this is a triple up+) Then the very next hand, I call and see a flop with like QJ98 or somthing like that. Flop is checked, I make a J-hi flush on the turn, but get 3-bet, by, yes the nut flush. Down to 4K. 5 way limped pot in the SB with 235T. I flop top two (amazingly) should have put it in there, but it gets checked around, I put it in on the turn, and a guy with a 34 low beats my 35 low, and he rivers a str8 to beat my top two. Very frustrating. Also dissappointing.

CSC
Old 09-14-2005, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, I'm drawing to several nut lows, several nut highs - hit my nut flush, but it pairs the board and a guy who CCPFed with Q235 (super fishy) raises my river because he has 33355. Crippled to 6K or so. Then I get a sweet double opp when I am 3 bet AI by like 9QQK (also fishy) which splits my made str8/low with A345 because he flushes the river. Then I make a miracle hand when UTG (well, AJ35, but the miracle part is that this is a triple up+) Then the very next hand, I call and see a flop with like QJ98 or somthing like that. Flop is checked, I make a J-hi flush on the turn, but get 3-bet, by, yes the nut flush. Down to 4K. 5 way limped pot in the SB with 235T. I flop top two (amazingly) should have put it in there, but it gets checked around, I put it in on the turn, and a guy with a 34 low beats my 35 low, and he rivers a str8 to beat my top two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I remember why I stopped playing O/8: just reading about a hand gives me a headache.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:45 PM

O8/B is a great game. ..

Who's still in this from 2+2?
Old 09-14-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First, I'm drawing to several nut lows, several nut highs - hit my nut flush, but it pairs the board and a guy who CCPFed with Q235 (super fishy) raises my river because he has 33355. Crippled to 6K or so. Then I get a sweet double opp when I am 3 bet AI by like 9QQK (also fishy) which splits my made str8/low with A345 because he flushes the river. Then I make a miracle hand when UTG (well, AJ35, but the miracle part is that this is a triple up+) Then the very next hand, I call and see a flop with like QJ98 or somthing like that. Flop is checked, I make a J-hi flush on the turn, but get 3-bet, by, yes the nut flush. Down to 4K. 5 way limped pot in the SB with 235T. I flop top two (amazingly) should have put it in there, but it gets checked around, I put it in on the turn, and a guy with a 34 low beats my 35 low, and he rivers a str8 to beat my top two.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I remember why I stopped playing O/8: just reading about a hand gives me a headache.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the guns, they'll get ya!
~Justin

P.S. Good game Brendan.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:38 AM

watching the ft now . . . dirtytowel was in my satellite tourney last night. I have a note on him - 'good'. At least I am a good judge of talent [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2005, 02:35 AM

i started watching the FT when it was down to 3. i immediately decided to cheer for dirtytowel because he had a pick of Towelie from south park so I could relate to him.

He was the short stack when I started watching but now he's HU with about 35% of the chips.

looks like they just made a deal