Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: $100k in \'05 (brag and commentary)

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like you are trying to buy outs in a spot that is really really bad for buying outs. I can't think of any other reason to make that move.

Krishan

Actually I can't figure out what you are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I can't quite figure it out either. it looks like trying to buy outs, but it doesn't really make sense for it with the action in the hand so far. the gutshot is worth something in this big pot since you might get extra action from the smaller straight, but your equity on that flop is pretty bad. and if the players are loose and aggressive, then you have almost no folding equity, and a VERY high chance of being 3bet after you raise, which really sucks.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I don't remember the hands, so I don't know what my reads were, but both look ok to me. In fact, I quite like how I played both of them, assuming I was up against players who are more aggressive than average.

[/ QUOTE ]

I check behind the river in hand 1, given the board and the action, its gotta be JT or a flush (both are hands people will call fromthe BB with) much much more than a 2 pair or a set of 9s no?

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's your read then hero shouldn't cap the turn.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't necessarily cap the turn. When I have a set that could be beaten it seems so much better to see if I fill up to put in extra bets. I mean it's not like a flush or straight isn't going to lead the river if the board pairs. It's true that he could be up against a smaller set or 2 pair also though.

Krishan
Old 09-14-2005, 01:31 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I'd appreciate it a lot if you could explain to me how exactly you use the c/r stat, because I don't even have it on my HUD. also I have asked before about wtsd but didn't receive many responses, and would like to know your thoughts on that too (more associating VPIP with WtSD and playing style than actually explaining the number)
Old 09-14-2005, 01:37 PM

Having the c/r stat handy makes it a lot easier to bet for value in position.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Having the c/r stat handy makes it a lot easier to bet for value in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also you can use it to determine whether to fire the second barrel unimproved. Allows you to release to crs easier because there are some people with a cr % that is really low.

Krishan
Old 09-14-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't necessarily cap the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know how I feel about giving free cards [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The flop raise in hand 1 is particularly interesting, I think. I'd encourage others to discuss that one play before I weigh in.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks like you are hoping to fold out SB's PP, which would be a good move - but first you'd have to tell me what you put BB on so that you expect to be ahead of him a reasonable amount of the time to make it worthwhile.

Other than that I don't understand the flop raise at all.

Surf
Old 09-14-2005, 01:42 PM

Could you tell me your average players per hand in the 10/20 game? It's in the game notes tab of poker tracker, click the get all button, and it shows your APH.

The reason I ask is that in my database I have you at 25/18 for a small sample size, but most of it is six handed. If you like playing tables with only 3 or 4 players, it could have a large effect on your VPIP stats.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:46 PM

I usually pick up and leave once the table gets 4 handed. depending on who's left, of course.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also you can use it to determine whether to fire the second barrel unimproved. Allows you to release to crs easier because there are some people with a cr % that is really low.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but at times it can be very misleading. like if a person with a low CR turn does CR you, it could mean they either have a total monster, and they randomly bluff every once in a while. if somebody with a high turn CR raises you its still likely to be a solid hand, b/c they're CRing all their TPGK+ hands. sure, they're bluffing more too, but with so many more solid CRing hand combinations, their weighted average hands might not actually be too much worse than a tighter players.

its like how a lot of times the guy with 0-1 PFR finally raises, or 3 bets preflop, and its just with some random suited connecter.