Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Best way of boosting a bankroll quickly

[ QUOTE ]
I understand what your saying, but i actually have won money at some points.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your first post and in other posts you have made this comment. If you have kept records then you know what your win (or lose) rate is. If you havn't and you have to ask about how to build your BR then its most likely that you are not a winner.

[ QUOTE ]
barry greenstein once said he felt he needed to be about 3% better than his opponents if he was to be successful, and although i don't know how he got that number, i feel that if i switch to party i will be a little better relative to my opponents than i was at stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like you are hoping that the losing you are doing on stars will magically go away by moving to another site. Analyze your results and ditch the hope. If you don't have a record of your results then start one today.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Best way of boosting a bankroll quickly

[ QUOTE ]
barry greenstein once said he felt he needed to be about 3% better than his opponents if he was to be successful, and although i don't know how he got that number,

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry G arrived at the 3% in the following way: He assumed that that a typical limit player will get action on 33 Big Bets/Hr, and if he showed a profit of 1 Big Bet/Hr, that was a 3% advantage.