Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: KoTKP-II, anyone?

We obviously won't be able to accomodate everyone's schedule. The last one was on a Thursday at 11PM Eastern. I'd like to offer up Thursday, September 22 at 10PM Eastern as an option. Perhaps we need a poll.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:14 PM

Would definitely be interested [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We obviously won't be able to accomodate everyone's schedule. The last one was on a Thursday at 11PM Eastern. I'd like to offer up Thursday, September 22 at 10PM Eastern as an option. Perhaps we need a poll.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I thought I was much loved in ML.

Also : Seriously, what the [censored]? Thursday at 10pm? 3am in England? On a weeknight? Do we want the KOTKP to be 7 people? Why not do it at a time where people are actually awake? Friday at 8pm EST, Saturday at 4pm EST, something like that. Why do we have to pick the most ridiculous possible hour? Oh yeah Tuesday at 2:14am, sounds great.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:08 PM

I'm in. I say we play on a Friday night. If I'm going to lose I want to at least be able to stay up late and drink.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:12 PM

I agree, 10PM EST is too late. Friday @ 8:00 PM EST gets my vote. (Not this friday, I'm busy. I think I'm busy next friday too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
Old 09-14-2005, 03:13 PM

I too am a big fan of Friday night. Friday the 23rd @ 8pm EST good for all?

Edit : [censored], not good for Grunchcan. Gah.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:15 PM

That's ok. Don't schedule it around me. Go with what's good for most. If I can't play, that's ok. I'll get the next one.

Edit: besides, you would have had no hope anyway. I would have isolated you and beat on you like a back-alley mugger with a lead pipe. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 03:17 PM

But without you there, my victory will be less sweet. I was really hoping to beat all the ML regulars so that we could just rename this "Paxosmotic presents Micro-Limits" or something.

Vote4Pedro's going to be taking votes on when I bust out of this one like a champ. The over/under is at "3rd out". I'd highly recommend the under.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:21 PM

In spite of the janky 11 pm time slot of the last one, it was pretty well attended. I do, however, think an 8 PM EDT start would be better. I'd probably prefer Thurs the 22nd to Fri the 23rd. I know some people like to go out and do non-poker things on Fri. night. Anyway, if it's the following week, I'd have no preference. No need to schedule this thing around me, I was just chiming in with my opinion.

Also, if we decide to make a post count requirement, it's not because we want to seed it to accurately determine who's the best player. It's because we want it to be a fun tournament between friends we know. I don't mind so much losing to a lurker if he subsequently becomes an active forum member, but if he just takes our money and leaves, that's no fun.

Lastly, is there anyone else who'd like to think about making this a HU limit tourney, ala CHUMP, except that it actually ends with a winner? That was a great experience, and I wouldn't mind trying my hand at HU against some of the best of the best again.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:28 PM

I'd be down for HU shootouts on stars. I think it would take an extremely long time, however. Not sure how well that would work.