Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2003, 08:45 PM

Default Re: For AndyFox et.al.

Hi John,
Tell me about the gaff with african music and Marian Anderson. Don't know anything about it.

Sincerely,
AA
Old 05-02-2003, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Victory (Nike) for Blacks

Hi Cyrus,
Your perception of the polarization is quite good.

As for the "Super Star Blacks". Are they not an example of why affirmative action is not required? Clearly thier children have access to the same education as any whites.

As for the Single-Mother-Making version. I believe there *is* some statistical truth to this. I heard Pat Buchanan say on TV that out of wedlock birth rate for blacks is around 70%, compared to 23% for whites. That's about 3 times as bad for the blacks.

So the problem I see is that Hollywood makes it look OK for Lexa Doig to kiss a black guy passionately (or Madonna for that matter) and the white girls buy into the Hollywood version, expecting black men to be like the super stars... but get Homie the crack dealer.

So the glamorization of black men on white women trend in the media will cause the problems caused by black males to cross over into the white (and possibly asian) groups.

This is not a good thing.

For whatever reasons... seems I see a lot of black guy on white women scenes in stuff produced by Jay Firestone and Adam Haight.

Sincerely,
AA
Old 05-02-2003, 09:21 PM

Hi Ulysses,
You pose some valid questions. However, yes, many folks in the position to do so see me and folks like me as exploitable resources. "The working masses". Worker bees. Whatever.

But it isn't me. I've worked hard since I was 14. Put myself through college. Military wanted me in the Nuclear Program (I declined, wanted to fly). Etc. Etc. Etc. I tool responsibility for my actions, and stayed honest. And you know what. It doesn't work. Except that I sleep really well.

So if I've worked to the point of collapse (literally) at some points, paid the dues, and don't have membership at the top... what else can it be other than the results of my efforts have been hoovered upwards by a system created by families that were elites long before I was born. Seems a simple straight forward conclusion.

Honest, hardworking folks get exploited (black, white or green). Seems the cheaters who know just when to stop pushing and not get caught are the winners. Sad state of affairs IMHO.

As it stands, in my current position TWO chains of Management over my head own big houses and have BMW's and "my kids will get to serve thier kids french fries on thier trip to Aspen" as the line in the movie goes. If that's not a rip-off, I don't know what is.

Face it, there are classes in America.

So yes, you do correctly detect the common theme. That the deck is stacked against most of us in many ways. All's you have to do is put aside your politically correct programming and question everything.

And I do know, from a long period of time spent in the shadow of wealth (Jupiter Island) that many things are insiders clubs, and my do have things handed to them. You going to sit there and claim G.W. Bush (a Jupiter Island property owning family) worked as hard as the rest of us?

Be real.

It's about time more people start looking as hard at these things as I do.

Unfortunately, like the old saw, "Most folks are spending too much time making a living to make any money."

In otherwords, most folks have worked themselves into corner, based on sh*tty info passed to them as kids to ever do anything. And well, the general programming of the masses is to not take a stand, but to be good little sheep.

Truth is, the current system works by each individual trying to take a bite out of the next guy's "financial *ss". So yes, there is some truth that many are keeping me "in my place".

As it is most people are complete liars. Saying one thing and meaning or doing another is par for the course. There's "what we say", "what we really do"... and if you discuss the difference between the two... well then people liku *you* say people like me have a *problem*. That it must be us honest people who are messed up!

As an aside, I do appreciate your ability to read between the lines.

But if you're a trust fund pro, or have always been talented enough to be a pro, and thus never have had to be in a boss/worker relationship or lose a gal to some old money kid...etc. (i.e. to have had these "others" f*ck with your life) I doubt you'll ever see my side of these things.

As for the BBQ, does your brother-in-law own it? Just curious.

As for blacks not liking me. Well... in my closet I still have some clothes they gave me when I left a transistor plant for "the big time" (LOL!) at a jet plant. I worked among many. Got hit on by one or two. But I was much younger and less well traveled then.

As for a Black Supreme Court Justices. This bears out my point that there's blacks at all levels. Why the need for a Black Caucus?

Clearly some blacks are way beyond my meager abilities. Heck they've only been free since 1865 and they're all the way to the top. Guess I come from a really retarded family, since we've been free from the start. Or at least until you trace back to Europe. But then, does Italy really owe me reparations because of thier enslavement of my English ancestors way back when? Well if not, then reparations to jews and blacks stike me as BS.

(Anyways, actually in some branches of my family are the Herhseys (chocolate...), Lennox Crystal folks, and some other notables. My particular branch is the poor folks branch... long story... but having some jewish folk married into the family, I can say with authenticity, some stereotypes do hold a little water. And furthermore, the rich really do live better.)

Sincerely,
AA

Old 05-02-2003, 09:41 PM

Default Re: One Quibble

Andy,
You mis-read... I do NOT support "Separate but Equal".

I'm for "Separate if you choose". LOL! Ya gotta stop seeing me as a slobbering KKK member or something. I'm just speaking from the heart. Honestly and truly!

I agree with B.R. Some of my feelings about africans are 100% based in biology. I find thier body type and traits non-attractive. (Well I find *all* men unattractive... guess I'm a homophobe too!) I feel exactly the opposite about asian women. But then at some point of obesity an obese person is a turn off too. That's one of the reasons I'm so adamant about it. It is *personal*. And all the other statistical reasons are logical points as well. As one lawyer said, "You can't argue a man into liking a glass of beer".

FWIW, one african woman wrote an editorial in a small time Vegas rag that said in essence, "Black men who want white women are selling us sisters out... seems the pecking order is white women, asian women, hispanic women, and black women. It's got to be the television!"

I believe she had very good powers of observation. And also that she called the media role in it correctly. The media does agrandize certain looks. It's effect on black women has been to straighten thier hair in many cases.

In any case I will support you idea that group affiliation does play into this with some folks and thus there can be an environmental component along with the hardwired one. But I believe it's variable.

As an example from the animal kingdom. I have a bud with a Pit Bull. He also has a cat. The cat sleeps with the dog. The cat will knock food off the table for the dog. The dog will protect the cat.

But we also all know of dogs that would like to eat cats for dinner, and they cannot be reprogrammed. At best you can scare them so bad they won't go near a cat, but they still want to get one.

(I actually had a cat one time that chased a dog into his dog house! Was funny to watch.)

So, are the cat-eating-dogs defective? Hard to say. The definition of a defect or disorder, particulary when mental in nature can be real difficult. The BS surrounding Ritalin comes to mind. When ever they talk about "brain chemical imbalances"... which they cannot really measure, the red flag has to go up. And even if you could measure them directly, who's to establish "normal". And what's to say a deviation from "normal" isn't just "evolution"?

Also, as I understand it, Jews and Palistinians did live together peacefully until an Islamic name Al-Habib started persecuting Jews.

I do agree, the the current state of industrialization leads to a rat race scenario and that something more laid back would be nice.

But since everyone seems to be committed to "as much for me as possible" it'll never happen.

In the end the strife may really just be an artifact of population density.

Alexis De Toqueville in his 1835 "Democracy in America" stated that he felt that American Democracy worked in part because there was enough space in between people.

They say he also correctly predicted the Civil War, in there. Guess I'll have to go pull my copy out and look.

Sincerely,
AA
Old 05-02-2003, 10:07 PM

Hi Parmenides,
I'm not equating these organizations with the Nazi's. You're reading that into it.

I dislike an organization that seeks to force it's will on me.

You need to give it a rest. Your *people* need to give it a rest. Enough "Holocaust Survivors" already. It's over. We're tired of hearing about it.

Millions of other non-jews died freeing you folks. 4 million Poles got it. How many American boys, black, white, and other got it too? We ALL suffered through that one. My ancestors faught to free yours.

I'm saying fairness dictates if blacks (and I guess jews or anyone else) are allowed to organize by race, then it should be ok for everyone. No half-way here. Ok for you, but not me, is what racism is based on right?

Don't believe that a lot of folks don't have me view either... that no one cares about my view. Fact is most folks are trickier and less honest about it than myself.

Problem you've got is they are much more like you believe I am, than I am. They *would* want to oppress and second class treat people. I don't care for them either.

Your right, the law won't change at the minute. There's lots of your people in Law. And clearly you believe it's ok to infringe on my freedom of choice.

And maybe that stuff about "We're gods chosen people" has nothing to do with how people feel about Judiasm?

Seems you folks are as racist as the Nazi's were. Not saying you're as evil. So don't get that wrong. Until you can see this, you'll never understand folks reactions to you.

There's as many organizations with "Jewish" in thier name as black.

And yet, you folks will say, "Oh we relate to the blacks because of our slavery to Egypt." Well, Egypt is in Africa. The africans taught the world slavery and a host of other not so nice things. But they sure don't have a corner on the market.

I have Jewish friends that say "Jews DO run the media". And can we deny thier presence in Congress, Law, etc.

I can remember Howard Stern saying, after all his obnoxious BS, "Oh I don't know why people hate jews... must be because we stick together."

Hmmm... so maybe you all take over ecomomies and piss people off maybe? Weren't Stalin and Hitler both partly Jewish?

Anyway, enough. Fair means same for all. So if you're going to have the "Jewish League of Whatever", Then a "White League of Whatever" should be acceptable.

But you see, this is how the media has twisted things. "The White League of Whatever" would just *have* to be a Nazi group.

FWIW, despite out disagreement on this issue, I'd still fight for your freedom, because I have to do what I think is right.

Sincerely,
AA
Old 05-02-2003, 10:52 PM

Ignorance and prolificacy make a nasty team.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:43 PM

Default Re: One Quibble

"Perhaps you are sayiing that once people feel themselves to be part of a certain group, they are hardwired to be distrustful of people outside of that group."

Egg-zackery. The need to belong to a group and the distrust of those not in the group are hardwired. How groups are delineated is a social construction.

BR

Old 05-03-2003, 05:30 AM

Default Re-CAP

Greetings to AmericanAirlines. I will try to respond to some of your positions, as stated in a number of posts you made.

"Weren't Stalin and Hitler both partly Jewish?"

No. The families of Vissarion Dzhugashvili and Katerina Geladze, Stalin's parents, were Georgian through and through. There has been speculation about some Jewish blood in Hitler's ancestry but that would be about it, even if correct.

"There are classes in America."

There are classes everywhere! When a perceptive fellow by the name of Marx explored that issue he was vilified. (It didn't help of course that he mixed his historical determinism with his call to action!) That classes exist doesn't by itself imply something specific. If anything, we have learned to distrust, and right fully so, all ideologies of social engineering.

"That stuff about "We're God's chosen people" has [a lot] to do with how people feel about Judaism."

Only because Israelis get to practice it!

Look deep into the official ideology of any nation, indeed of most human groupings, and you will discover notions of Destiny. Americans are "Number One"; Britons caried "The White Man's Burden" (to civilise the world); Germans, let's not talk about Germans; and so on. Even the atheist Marx divined (excuse the pun) that the proletariat is historically bound to win the class war. ...Hmmm, so let's fall alseep and wake up when the revolution has won, shall we?

"You going to sit there and claim G.W. Bush (a Jupiter Island property-owning family) worked as hard as the rest of us?"

What riles is not the silver spoon, but the attempts to come across as something that he's not.

"I heard Pat Buchanan say on TV that out-of-wedlock birth rate for blacks is around 70%, compared to 23% for whites."

I am not going to suggest that this is only a matter of economic or social status. It is also a matter of culture, at least partially, e.g. in a country like Sweden, which is affluent, peaceful and homogenous.

And I accept without reservations, (even little old hedonist me!) that the "nulear family" is the best environment for humans to be raising their children. I will simply not dispute the statistics, they are overwhelming. In Africa, which is more densely populated with Blacks than the U.S., out-of-wedlock birthrates are lower than American Blacks'. But if it's American culture at fault, why does it affect differently Whites and Blacks?

The only real difference between American ethnic groups, from Whites to whatever, is that Blacks have "emigrated" to America as slaves. This is actually, from a purely social point of view, a tremendous burden on any social group! And while slavery has been abolished a few decades ago and official racism is on the wane, Blacks, though indirectly, are still disenfranchized. It will take one more or two generations for fuller integration. And for American Blacks to forge an identity, a culture that will be socially positive rather than reflexively destructive -- now they are turned off (and away from) a backward Africa whule their new-native, WASP culture is still alienating.

Meantime, let's just try to get along. All talk about "slavery reparations" or "reverse racism" are counter-productive, at best.

"Some of my feelings about Africans are 100% based in biology. I find their body type and traits non-attractive."

A matter of taste. But perhaps unduly generalizing! Surely there are some Africans that are attractive even to your eyes. I'm sure that a lot of Whites, men or women, do look ugly to you. Right? Then it's only a small statistical leap from there.

Later,

--Cyrus

Old 05-03-2003, 05:40 AM

Default Gute Nacht, Herr Streicher

"Ignorance and prolificacy make a nasty team."

Are you saying that "ignorant people", however you want to define the term, should not be too prolific, should not breed too much?

Or are you simply saying that AmericanAirlines writes too many posts?..

<ul type="square"> [/list]

Old 05-03-2003, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Excellent post, Baltimore Ron

Cyrus,

See Marshall Sahlins's Stone Age Economics for the opposite point of view, and nowhere does he refer to the Noble Savage.

John