Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 09:57 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL live--9d10d

with OESFD i try to go all in if possible on the flop. i prolly like a 300 bet on the turn too, if he goes over the top on you you have the right pot odds to call with your major draw. and if he folds you win.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:59 PM

I would raise more on the flop when raising.

As played would've usually bet around $650 on the turn.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:02 PM

uh with a stack of 570 BBs if hero gets it all in on the flop it means he is in quite bad shape. not to mention having no control over his destiny (not playing poker!). deep stack poker is much different than 100BB online stuff, so i think the line u took was fine tdarko... i might bet the turn though since the A is a scare card. normally i'd check behind a turn there (or maybe not depending on my read on villain whether i put him on a J or what) but the A can't be good for him unless he's trying to c/r his set... i'd definitely bet the turn, come to think of it. you're deep enough where if he raises a moderate amount it would suck, but u can still call and stack him with 1/3 the deck in outs. he isn't radiating strength though so i think he might lay it down on the turn and if he check calls you you have built a pot for when you hit on the river, and only you know when you hit so you control getting paid off bigger do to the bigger pot, does that make sense?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:10 PM

hmmm i missed the 570 BBs there, good point with deeps stacks no sense in going all in on the flop considering that villian has a deep stack also and not 100BBs
Old 09-13-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i might bet the turn though since the A is a scare card

[/ QUOTE ]
you don't think it found him at all? no AJ here for the villain?

this is partially why i bet half the pot on the river, this was a scenario where i thought i was either way ahead or way behind.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:54 PM

yes on the river you are either way ahead or way behind, given that i don't think "way" really means anything; you are either ahead or behind. that being said you are seeing monsters, if he c/r you fine but if you bet bigger you can safely fold your flush to his river c/r (unless he's tricky enough to know u don't have fh and try to push you off, very very few that would try this) so bet more. also your flush is better than his likely trips, so bet more.