Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 07:50 PM

Default Re: move to vegas or what?

i think you clearly are ready for it based on that fact you tripled your BR in 35 hours of play
Old 09-12-2005, 08:09 PM

i couldn't triple my play money BR in 35 hours
Old 09-13-2005, 12:20 AM

The vast majority of people that I've seen turn pro have came back to Reno with their tails between their legs or are now professional dealers in Vegas.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont move there.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's seriously way too hot in the summer.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:24 PM

lol good point however I live in florida now, and it's much worse here honestly.
Old 09-18-2005, 04:03 AM

move to vegas. you're single i take it. if you do move, with a small bankroll, you will surely go busted. but so what. vegas is great & if you have the desire and talent, you'll eventually make it. but you can't if you don't go.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:36 PM

odd first post
Old 09-19-2005, 01:57 AM

Do you think I could triple my bankroll in 35 hours of play if I went to Vegas too>>???
-James
Old 09-19-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Move to Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, awesome post
Old 09-19-2005, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow you were able to determine so definitely that I have absolutely no clue what i'm talking about from just the information in that post that you could make a completely insulting blanket statement and feel no need to even provide a scrap of reason to your position? Man.

Well, maybe I still really have no clue what i'm talking about after 5 years of serious, profitable play and steadily earning more than I ever have in a 'real' job, but I know enough to think maybe you should give me a little more detail on this insight you seem to have, or else just try and provide some kind of actually useful response, or just shut up in the first place if you haven't got anything... perhaps I should summarize what i'm looking for to help you out:

1. Vegas was not what I expected, in terms of average player competence, and has anyone else found this to be true compared to their home games?

2. Is it possible that a low limit game of 1/2 NL actually contains so very many players of such very poor ability that it might in fact be more profitable than limits up to say 5/10 or 10/20 where several good players are chopping up just one or two fish at the table and trying to squeeze what they can out of each other in the mean time?

3. Pros and cons of living in vegas with soft games as a lifestyle benefit, not a reason to move.

If you haven't got something to say in relation to this, don't bother saying anything at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have been playing profitably for five years but somehow have such a small bankroll that you tripled it at small stakes games? I don't buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's like my girlfriend who called me on the way back from Foxwoods at 6am and told me "I made a killing playing craps, and I kept the chips for you to bring down with a play poker." I ask how much and she said she "made 10x what she gambled with" Well I was with her when she stopped at the ATM and took out $250. I had visions of her 2K gift to me, only to be dashed when she had $200. Apparently ($250-$40 gas-$50 B-day gift to friend-$30 dinner-$15 bar cover-$50 drinks-$45 pocket money= $20 gambling bankroll.)

So she had made 10x her $20...not exactly the windfall I was hoping for. Maybe he pushed all in with his $20 bankroll, tripled up and then sat out for 34 hours.