Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: Okay, WTF

I flopped a boat last night and still lost.
Beat that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 03:51 AM

BURN THEIR HEADQUARTERS TO THE FCUKIN GROUND
Old 09-12-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me this would not be as much of a problem at higher limits, since people tend not to chase their overcards to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's pretty funny.
(all you have to do is just OPEN a higher limit table and see)
Old 09-12-2005, 04:11 AM

OMFG!! I just cracked the Party Poker conspiracy!!

Abundant players who chase flush and straight draws at any cost; any ace or king plays, regardless of pre-flop raises, and calls your made hand down to the river...

It's CRYSTAL clear that PP HAS rigged their low-limit games... by inducing IDIOTS to play in them!!

Wow. That's a load off my mind.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:42 AM

Over my last 3k hands AA KK JJ TT 99 AKs and AK are all negative. Am I frustrated hell yes. Do I believe party has doom switched me of course not. I just filter for my last 100k and it makes me feel better
Old 09-12-2005, 06:29 AM

Let me begin with stating that I'm an ignorant still learning very much beginning player. Save you all the trouble [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] (and I'm foreign too!)

I think Absolute is a great site to learn tight play as there are so many rocks there you really have to make sure that you don't make any unnecessary bets. What I learned from Absolute is to apply pot odds etc far more rigid then on Party. I've become a lot better at calculating outs (especially hidden ones and taking implied odds etc in account) and are much better able to throw an ok hand away if it's HU and the odds are not there. (think overcard situations with backdoor flush and straight possibilities)Also to be profitable, once you flop a hand or a good draw you have to bet for value and maximise. If you don't do these things at Absolute you'll be punished and will not be a winning player.

I can understand that if you're a winning Absolute player you have a bad time at Party. I certainly don't have a good graps on the deeper levels of this game yet but I do feel that you have to make certain adjustments on Party.

Please remember that I mean subtle adjustments, don't overdo it! I play 1/2 limit.

For one you can cold call a bit more, especially if you have a read on this player. On Party you're better of remembering which player DO make good raises etc, tighten up with them.

Let yourself be pushed out of hands a little less easy then with Absolute, people will chase with bottom pair or gutshot straight draw and will bet every round.

Don't be afraid to raise/cap the bet when you have a good hand and/or draw and the pot is multiway. You can be sure that most of them have a lesser hand and are just chasing.

Keep good tabs on how often you make a call/raise etc that you're not sure of and compare it to the payout. You can loosen or tighten up a bit more once compared to your figures. This will help you get a feeling of structure instead of just throwing money at them and feel bad about it.

Ed Millers advice is very very important!:

NEVER LAY DOWN A HAND ON THE RIVER IF IT ONLY COSTS YOU ONE BET TO SEE AND THE POT IS BIG!!

Variance is higher at Party! Especially if you play well!! If you play ass tight the difference will be a lot smaller but if you consistantly (correctly) raise for value you'll go up and down a bit more due to the higher amount of callers (and thus suckouts). This will in the end result in more money in your pocket.

I started at Party and have played Absolute the last month, I went back to clear the Sept bonus and lost 110$ to clear 100$ I was a bit p*ssed of, especially as I could see that I was playing better then the majority of the players. So I know where your coming from!

Concerning my advice, I would like to invite anyone to shoot holes in it so we can all learn. Please do argument it though otherwise it's pointless. Any extra advice is more then welcome too!
Old 09-12-2005, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BURN THEIR HEADQUARTERS TO THE FCUKIN GROUND

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be the optimal solution for the OP at this point.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:43 AM

Try this experiment...

1. Take two aces out of the deck and lay them down in front of you.

2. Shuffle up and deal 9 different other hands face up.

3. Deal the 5 community cards.

4. See how many times other weird hands beat you

You will not win most the time. This is what happens when people stay with anything.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:33 AM

To play at party, you need a pattern mapper, without one, don't complain to us about your bad beats when you should have known they were coming, you won't get much sympathy. You can do a search, or you can request a pattern mapper from the friendly people in the HUSH form http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/po...Board=headsup.

Good luck to you.