Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Full Tables Stink. Little Money to Be Made There.

I remember a HUSH regular who plays high said something about playing tighter at 1/2 because the best hand wins and something about the high rake. I daresay the 30 VP$IP 10/20 players would have to tighten up at 1/2 due to the rake. I think you should mostly be tightening up around the blinds not only because of the rake, but if you're defending against an unknown they're more likely to have a hand than at a higher stake. Your VP$IP from the SB is too high, most have mid 30s I'd aim to get it under 40. You also defend your blinds too much.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'll give 1/2 Full another chance. Thanks for relating your tale -It is encouraging. As far as winrate though, I was beating .5/1 for 4BB/100 pretty easily. I kind of doubt that kind of rate is possible at 1/2 Full except with expert play. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

I beat .50/1 for 5BB/100 over 30k hands.

Last month I was 1.75 bb/100 over 6500 hands at 1/2.

This month I am up 40 bb over 1200 hands at 1/2.

FWIW, I think I am playing terribly. I have been making stupid calls and raises when I shouldn't. I completely believe that my negative months at 1/2 were almost solely due to my lack of skill.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:43 AM

I had a 200BB downswing at 1/2, at the end I was convinced the rake made the game unbeatable, I moved up, I wouldn't suggest that, but the truth about the 1/2 game was I wasn't that good

you do need to tighten up, it will help contain the swings some, follow MeBenHoe's starting hand chart for the next 5-10k hands and see how things go

but first take a break for a couple days, it will really help
Old 09-11-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your VP$IP from the SB is too high, most have mid 30s I'd aim to get it under 40. You also defend your blinds too much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya Sharpie, I just found that out from posting these stats on HUSH recently. I'll be working on that for sure. My blind play was way off. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:58 AM

Those are my stats. I've highlighted some of the more important 6max ones.

I am running quite good with my 35% / 54% showdown, but my river bet fold is way lower than yours, which means I think you're letting yourself get floated too much. Also, my flop aggro is way higher, which probably means you're calling too much.

EDIT: And as stated, your blind play is way loose, especially at 1/2 where there are a lot less people out who realize blindstealing to be so profitable.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thats on Party, everywhere else is worse. I have little idea why anyone plays anywhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong. There are plenty of games much softer than the ones on Party to be had elsewhere. I won't ruin my bonus periods at these sites by posting where, though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh man, I do believe I found one this week. Land o' calling stations, paying off to the river with bottom pair no kicker no draw, five- and six-handed flops abounding. They even play no-limit SNGs like they're .5/1 limit tables (all-ins regularly made and called by people with zero-overcard draws).

Mum's the word. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Re: 1/2 Tables Stink. Little Money to Be Made There.

No offense, but are you bitching over a 10k hand sample? Because if so, wow.

It's very simple, Tom. Allocate your "Poker time" to whatever makes the most money. And then work from there.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No offense, but are you bitching over a 10k hand sample? Because if so, wow.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well Clayton,
That's just a sidetrack to this thread. Mainly this thread is about bitching over 1/2 Full Ring. But I do only have about 10k there also.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Those are my stats. I've highlighted some of the more important 6max ones. ... my river bet fold is way lower than yours, which means I think you're letting yourself get floated too much. Also, my flop aggro is way higher, which probably means you're calling too much...And as stated, your blind play is way loose, especially at 1/2 where there are a lot less people out who realize blindstealing to be so profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for that aK. It certainly makes for a helpful guideline. I'll be watching out for folding too much on the river. Good point about blindstealing not being so rampant at 1/2. Maybe I was defending too much because I thought people were stealing as much as I do, but your right, thats very unlikely now that I think about it. I see your checkraising is about 50% higher than mine too. I'll look for some more opportunities for that.

When I cut my blind play back, I wonder how much my VPIP will drop just from that...
Old 09-11-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mainly this thread is about bitching over 1/2 Full Ring. But I do only have about 10k there also.

[/ QUOTE ]

10k is probably the lower bounds of acceptable hand amts. for "winrate", though with 1/2 I'd like to think you should be winning if you're taking the time to improve your game, plug leaks, and the whatnot.

Not all games are the same. Vegas games aren't like commerce games.

Just because the 1/2 tables might be playing a little tighter there automatically means it "stinks". Maybe your higher VPIP might have something to do with that?

I would worry less about stats at your point and worry more about making the right decisions every time. Adjust to the game and make money there, or find a new game.