Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: is this bothersome? more potential teamwork at stars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lets see, if any John Doe does it, you wouldn't hear about it or care

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP sir

[/ QUOTE ]

I refuse to believe that you wouldn't care if the same person was playing 2 different acconts in a tournament in which you were entered. What happens if both accounts get randomly assigned to your table ... still don't care?
Old 09-11-2005, 06:00 PM

and yet, you know it surely happens all the time involving players you don't hear about, and you still play on Stars.

My point is not that no one should care; my point is that I'm tired of people acting like it's the end of the world absent any evidence that actual collusion is taking place. I mean, if you're "terrorized" because 2 players in the same tournament are playing from the same house, you might be overreacting just a smidge.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:04 PM

If you make a living playing online poker, as I do. You should be trying to make the online playing enviroment as clean as possible every time for all our customers. Beats me how some people are more concerned about the "coolness" of some "respected" internet players.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:05 PM

lol Fnurt, you are having a field day with my usage of the word "terrorized". The reason I feel this way is because with players of this magnitude (zee, gig, fish) if they can pick up any edge, they are surely to maximize the edge better than most JohnDoes.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry you're scared and terrorized, but none of that is collusion. The fact that ZJ casually writes about it in his blog makes it somewhat less likely that something insidious is going on.

The reason why good players might like to hang out together and play tournaments is similar to the reason we have "official" threads on this forum.

My responses may sound slightly peeved because it's gotten to the point where every time two Stars players admit to knowing each other's first name, someone starts crying collusion. You can be appropriately vigilant without being paranoid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon its obviously unethical to play with 2 accounts at once in the same tournament, regardless of whatever intentions the player has.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry you're scared and terrorized, but none of that is collusion. The fact that ZJ casually writes about it in his blog makes it somewhat less likely that something insidious is going on.

The reason why good players might like to hang out together and play tournaments is similar to the reason we have "official" threads on this forum.

My responses may sound slightly peeved because it's gotten to the point where every time two Stars players admit to knowing each other's first name, someone starts crying collusion. You can be appropriately vigilant without being paranoid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon its obviously unethical to play with 2 accounts at once in the same tournament, regardless of whatever intentions the player has.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMHO it's not unethical, but that's a matter of opinion. It is, however, against the rules of the web site. The rules are there so that there's no cloudiness, and people should avoid breaking the rules.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:19 PM

I've been talking about the idea that people playing from the same house automatically means they are having a "collusion party." The topic of someone playing 2 accounts has been discussed to death of late, Stars has already said they will be changing the rules to make it illegal, and so there's not much else to say about it.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:28 PM

It doesnt matter if its a collusion party. I dont believe they are colluding, but others will believe that, and I don't think it's unreasonable for them to feel that way. They don't know Gigabet or ZJ personally.

If all I knew about someone was that they thought it was okay to play a tournament under two names at once, I would guess that they aren't completely ethical, assuming I knew nothing else about them.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:40 PM

Was Gigabet sitting at ZeeJustin's table, controlling Zeejustin's account, and dumping chips onto his own account in the process? No

Did Gigabet maliciously play on Zeejustin's account in this tournament? No. He was helping a friend that he expected to wake up soon - especially after he supposedly already did "wake him up".

Are people so clueless to believe that this type of stuff doesn't happen all the time? Apparently so.

Zeejustin seems like a pretty smart guy. Do you honestly think that he would mention this stuff in his blog if he thought something shady or illegal was going on? I highly doubt it.

This wasn't a one-table SNG. It was a multi table tournament with over 1,500 entrants. It would be nearly impossible to show a reasonable profit from colluding in MTTs due to the fact that you're rarely ever at the same table as one other specific player. Like Gigabet had any "teamwork" intentions anyway. Please...

What's the world coming to that friends can't help each other out a little bit w/o being accused of "teamwork" and "colluding". What a joke.

If this stuff really bothers you so much, maybe you should e-mail Stars and suggest they make a rule that allows only one tournament entry per IP address. I'm sure that wouldn't come back to bite you next time you're hanging out at a friends on your laptop...
Old 09-11-2005, 06:58 PM

What's wrong with cheating? Kobe cheated on his wife and look how that turned out.