Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Saturday Sexy

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll call this with a CCer after the MP raise. MP's opening range is wide enough, and a CC on the button from an unknown is wide enough, that I think it makes up for the weakish hand and position here. If Button were really good I'd chuck it and wait for the next deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that this an easy call or a marginal one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably closer to marginal than easy. I'll want more than "aggressive, LAGtard tendencies" and a read on the button to push it to easy. At some tables it is easy, easy, easy. At other it is marginal. At some it is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate a little on the table conditions you'd prefer? Does a read on the BB influence this decision?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oy! I missed the UTG limper -- it gets easier with him in. The table conditions I prefer are: (1) MP is an idiot and aggressive pre-flop but not psycho post-flop; (2) button is not good, CCs with a bunch of junk, and his post-flop play is predictable / easily identifiable; (3) BB is goofy and passive. The above is pretty ideal; it wouldn't take all this to make the call easy. The wrench in the machine is button -- if he is good and aggressive, then he'll present real problems to us post-flop unless we're just playing for a FD -- with him acting after the LAGtard PFR but just in front of us, we're unlikely to have the favorable conditions that I'd want to breezily call pre-flop.

With an UTG limp in the mix, the bar gets lowered since BB is more likely to come along, the pot will be bigger by the time it gets to us on the flop (unless we're betting out), and it makes it harder for button to really play a "fulcrum-like" position in a more multiway pot and therefore put us in a bad way.
Old 09-11-2005, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there are 13 paired hands, and 65 unpaired hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't that be 78 unpaired hands? That said, I get your point. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
edit-OK i misread again, i didnt notice the utg limper the 2nd time around. now im back to thinking its super easy. 4 way for sure, with most likely 5 way action, I think we have plenty of equity with a suited ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. I missed him too.

One more question: would you make this call in a 1/3rd structure? Just trying to get a better feel for how close you think this is or isn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i think its still a call in a 1/3.