Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 11:25 AM

Default Re: .5/1 at PP sucking???

[ QUOTE ]
I've been clearing the bonus and cannot find a full table over 30% VPIP to save my life.... what happened to all the fish?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been having trouble finding my usual tables at 1/2 past couple days, too, so it isn't just .5/1.

Yeah, I saw the post about the guy with 4 tables open that were all pretty soft, but he got lucky. I don't usually have a problem finding a 30+ VPIP table at 1/2, but the past few days it has been tough. Or those 40+ VPIP tables also had aggression levels in the 12-14's.

I even started a new table, it filled in 6 hands and it was 24% VPIP. Grr.

Weird thing is when I was clearing my bonus I didn't have a hard time finding soft tables.

Turbo bonus is over, and if people are still clearing the Party bonus they're taking their time. The 4-tabling whores are probably finished with them by now... I know it only took me 2 days to clear both, and I usually take my time.

So I can't really explain it, other than Empire's turbo bonus burned out a lot of the softies on poker, or they're busted and have to wait until Friday to redeposit.

I don't think the usual arguments fit.

KO
Old 09-08-2005, 11:26 AM

Is datamining really that important at .5/1 or 1/2.

I've never bothered trying. I just plop down at a random table. If I don't like it after a couple of orbits I leave, usually with more $s than I had when I sat down.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've never bothered trying. I just plop down at a random table. If I don't like it after a couple of orbits I leave, usually with more $s than I had when I sat down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started a response saying something like this, too... I don't really see the point of it in micros. There's so many players you're probably not going to catch information on a majority of the players anyway.

KO
Old 09-08-2005, 12:14 PM

As far as Bonuses, Multipoker had a monster this month - 100% up to $500 with 20x raked hands requirement. I don't know if the bonus whores are that tight, or how many are at Multi, but that's another bonus that will be going till the end of the month or so.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as Bonuses, Multipoker had a monster this month - 100% up to $500 with 20x raked hands requirement. I don't know if the bonus whores are that tight, or how many are at Multi, but that's another bonus that will be going till the end of the month or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that is a monster. That's 10,000 raked hands for the full bonus. Wow.

KO
Old 09-08-2005, 12:23 PM

Ready this thread from Entity which references this thread.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I started a response saying something like this, too... I don't really see the point of it in micros. There's so many players you're probably not going to catch information on a majority of the players anyway.

KO

[/ QUOTE ]

One benefit to this: You will find out who the multi-tabling TAGs are. On Party, I seem to run into a few of the same people over and over and over again, on table after table. Most of them will be fish that only drop by occasionally. But, having a database of viewed hands helps in finding out who the regulars are.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:03 PM

I totally disagree. They still play horribly, but they are now passive/tricky instead of donk/straight-forward.

Maybe it's just bad cards, but after 5.5k of .5/1 I was ready to move up, and after 5.5k of 1/2, I'm at -1.8bb/100.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Step 1: Get Poker Tracker.

Step 2: Open Poker Tracker.

Step 3: Take a nap.

Step 4: ...

Step 5: Profit!

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you have to do with PT to have it record stats while you're not active at a table?
Old 09-08-2005, 02:47 PM

I don't think table VPIP is the biggest factor. You get a lot of super-tighties that drag it down b/c their at like 12% or 10% or even 4% or whatever. So you can find a great table that has 3-4 huge donk-o's but the table VPIP is like 27%. At least that's what I've been finding at 1/2 lately.