Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: I dont care about Katrina

They should have named it Kitana instead of Katrina. She was always hotter than Sonya.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sick of hearing about it, and it being the only topic on everyone's mind, and how people will find the stupidest ways to tie it into any little conversation. I had my first day of classes today and so far 2 for 2 professors have mentioned it, and this is just in stupid first day get the syllabus out and leave classes. Does this make me a bad person, or are others sick of it too?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd care if you had a family member or friend who was affected by it. But, you're just some lame college student who thinks the world revolves around dollar pitchers and skipping class to play poker. Print your post out and read it in five yrs. You might think differently.

So, in summary, you're probably not a bad person, you're just horribly insensitive and selfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

when the school shooting at columbine took place, i was in grad school. 2 days later, grad students there were complaining about this same sort of thing. about how it needed to be let go, about how it was pointless to talk about it in class (this is a masters program in education, btw).

it was a stupid thing for people to say then, and it's a much much more stupid thing to say now, IMO. but it's what selfish, callous, ignorant people say when something in the news takes their minds off of TRL for 10 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is stupid IMO, to say that anyone is selfish and ignorant if they want to hear people talk about something other than whats been talked about for the past week is just wrong. do you know what ignorant even means? he obviously had heard the facts about katrina since he said he was sick of hearing them, how is that ignorance?

im sure the op's only motivation was to "take his mind off the news and get it back on trl". can we just not make retardedly incorrect exaggerations? i mean what were you trying to prove there? that you can make things up well? rad...

rj
Old 09-07-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sick of hearing about it, and it being the only topic on everyone's mind, and how people will find the stupidest ways to tie it into any little conversation. I had my first day of classes today and so far 2 for 2 professors have mentioned it, and this is just in stupid first day get the syllabus out and leave classes. Does this make me a bad person, or are others sick of it too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have a problem hearing about the Hurricane......BUT i do have a problem with hearing black people complain on the news about how they aren't receiving sufficient aid and how if there were more white ppl affected, more aid would be provided. America is turning into one big race war.

And Kanye West should be fined money for saying what he did about George Bush. John Rocker was fined by baseball for making comments a long the same lines... what's the difference.

Oh and by the way, I just got turned down from a job because they needed more black ppl (regardless of skill and experience)...now who's the racist?
Old 09-07-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have a problem hearing about the Hurricane......BUT i do have a problem with hearing black people complain on the news about how they aren't receiving sufficient aid and how if there were more white ppl affected, more aid would be provided. America is turning into one big race war.

And Kanye West should be fined money for saying what he did about George Bush. John Rocker was fined by baseball for making comments a long the same lines... what's the difference.

Oh and by the way, I just got turned down from a job because they needed more black ppl (regardless of skill and experience)...now who's the racist?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take this to politics.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:05 PM

Rocker got fined by the Union he was a member of. Not by the Federal Government. lol.

Kanye can't get fined. But G-Dub can pay someone to put a bullet in his arse, if you know what I mean. Fast-forward a year from now and Kanye might be pushin up the daisies, and I don't mean of old age.

Freedom of speech allows people to say what they want, however, they are not bulletproof from retaliation.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:16 PM

This doesn't make you a bad person. The fact that you're a bad person to start with makes you an insenstive prick.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And Kanye West should be fined money for saying what he did about George Bush.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 09-07-2005, 02:23 PM

I understand exactly what you are saying. After 9/11 that event got worked into every class. In philosophy we'd talk about 9/11. In art class somebody talked about 9/11 being the greatest work of modern art there is. In English we discussed 9/11 in light of T.S. Eliot and had to write a paper on that topic. In history we listened to the prof. prattle on about how America is at fault for the decline in seahorse populations.

So I understand. It's not that you don't care, it's that you don't understand why every single activity you undertake has to be colored by an admittedly awful event.

-Michael
Old 09-07-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know what you mean. I hate hearing about the Holocaust, Hiroshima, 9/11, and the tsunami. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i would say millions killed in gas chambers and millions killed by an atomic bomb are much much much worse than 10k people dying from staying in their own houses while a natural disaster was approaching. people need to get it togeteher. making insane comparisons make you look insane, not intelligent.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

oh boy, we have a live one here. saying that one tragedy is worse than another is a slippery slope. don't go there. many have tried, all have failed.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:31 PM

Katrina doesn't care about you either.