Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 02:48 PM

Default Re: dan druff revisited

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I started this thread 30 mins. ago and have already received 7 replies. Maybe you fellas should think about doing something more productive with your lives...

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't this the definition of irony?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda like when somebody you dont know is staring at you, and you say "what are you looking at?" of course the reply is "what are YOU looking at"...Im making sure they fix my HVAC correctly this time.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dan was a bit immature and probably regrets it now, but at least he wasn't being a dick like arieh was

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Finally somebody who can make an observation w/o feeling the need to rip into somebody.

By the way what is with the prevelence of the word "tool" on this site? I mean didnt people use the word in that context back in the 1970's?
Old 09-06-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played with druff at the 30-60 on PS, and he was nothing but a gentleman.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it's pretty hard to notice him twirling a seat cover and hollering like a jackass through the [censored] internet.

[ QUOTE ]
be depicted

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't saying the things he said? Jumping up and cheering like a total idiot? Spinning the seat cover around like an immature ass? Uh, no.. they didn't edit those in. Don't act like he's some victim of tricky editing or anything in that realm.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if these same critics had any comments on Josh Arieh's behavior in last year's WSOp. My guess is no, b/c though Josh acted like an azzhole, he was cocky about it, and of course, his girl was smoking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Difference is Arieh knows he acted like an ass and everybody except Josh was saying that espn made him look worse than he really was (even Fossilman said that)....but he still did act like an ass, it was just maginfied. Josh didn't go on a tirade on every forum and newsgroup the inet has on a clear his name campaign, Josh knows how he acted so he just apologized and moved on and tries really hard not to be "that guy".
Old 09-06-2005, 04:01 PM

Dan has SO many, "I'm not him" supporters, it's uncanny.

He was a jackass, period. Good luck to the guy in the future - he's a good player, so hopefully the next time he's in a similar situation he'll handle himself accordingly.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dan has SO many, "I'm not him" supporters, it's uncanny.

He was a jackass, period. Good luck to the guy in the future - he's a good player, so hopefully the next time he's in a similar situation he'll handle himself accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

So many "im not him" supporters b/c anyone who says anything positive about druff is accused of being him, under an alias.

Im not a "druff supporter" just someone who had a little time on his hands, and gets annoyed of the sheep mentality this site exudes. It's the guy's first time on TV acting foolishly exhuberant in a pressure situation and gets crucified for it. It just appeared to me that one flame perpetuated another and so on.

Look at it this way, Druff is now identified, while all of the negative flamethrowers remain annonymous, how much balls does tat take?
Old 09-06-2005, 05:07 PM

my pic in my avatar, and my name in my profile. i'm not anonymous...paul phillips - another who has called out dan is also not anonymous.

you think that all these people watched that episode and thought nothing of it until they read things on the internet? seriously? he was an ASS. there is no getting around it...it drives me crazy that we can say he played well, and that hopefully he doesn't act this way again...and you still think that espn has fooled me into thinking this guy was a prick at that final table.

take care danny -

jed
Old 09-06-2005, 05:46 PM

if by "sheep mentality" you mean when someone acts like a douchebag we recognize that, then yes, we are all sheep.

the person who critisized him the most, BY FAR, is probably as not anonomyous as you could get. your critisms make no sense to me. did you think about them before typing them out?

rj
Old 09-06-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess it would nt mean anything if I said I wasnt druff, but whatever.

I started this thread 30 mins. ago and have already received 7 replies. Maybe you fellas should think about doing something more productive with your lives like, err...getting a job, than being drawn to threads on a chat board, like dogs to girls on the rag. Oh yeah, the high schools dont open till Thursday in my area, I guess that is the same for where you live.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm.. over 30k registered users and seven replies in 30 minutes. awkward.

[ QUOTE ]

So many "im not him" supporters b/c anyone who says anything positive about druff is accused of being him, under an alias.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe if all of his supporters hadn't signed up on this message board after his broadcast and after everyone saw what a tool he was, it wouldn't look like he is defending himself.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:02 PM

I really thought the dogg going after girls on the rag was pretty weird. Apparently this is a common catch phrase that I just missed.