Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Your forum makes me sick

I don't read this forum enough to know what your political leanings are but I thought you had a cool idea about the closed army bases (that was you right?) and I think I even said so.

I actually learn a lot from listening to both sides. It's not as futile as you might think. For what it's worth I hope you stay.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yet you mention nothing about the liberals. How ironic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for illustrating my point for me. I'm clearly an Agent of the Devil, and someone who Should Not Be Listened To.

q/q
Old 09-06-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for illustrating my point for me. I'm clearly an Agent of the Devil, and someone who Should Not Be Listened To.

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not liberal or conservative I dont think. I have leanings of both. But you chastise the republicans for blindly following someone, yet you seem to do the same thing, using snide remarks against anyone who seems to disagree with you (which I dont necassarily). Its just that both sides posture and look down on the other, almost leading me to believe that you people are the very thing you hate the most. And if it is one thing I hate its hypocrites.

BTW, my comment about being ironic, had nothing to do with your political thoughts and/or affiliations, but rather how much/little you truly analyze things, using an open mind. It seems that most of the poster here, are a carbon copy of Sean Hannity/Al Franken, two of the the things that are most wrong with modern-day politics. And your comments lead me to belive you are "one of them".
Old 09-06-2005, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

q/q

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not liberal or conservative I dont think. I have leanings of both. But you chastise the republicans for blindly following someone, yet you seem to do the same thing, using snide remarks against anyone who seems to disagree with you (which I dont necassarily). Its just that both sides posture and look down on the other, almost leading me to believe that you people are the very thing you hate the most. And if it is one thing I hate its hypocrites.

[/ QUOTE ]

"You People"??!!

....and you hate hypocrites?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:15 PM

I dont understand??? How does the you people comment make me a hypocrite?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing to understand. You are calling out the partisan hacks and they are grasping at straws because you got their number pegged so acutely. This is a great thread and those who attack you are only proving your point. This forum has degenerated to point where it's completely worthless.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough....let me explain (without malice or bad intention) how I interpret what you're saying, and you tell me what I missed.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the 'you people' appelation in the above quote to be doing exactly what you say that you hate in the same quote, i.e. posturing and looking down on the other.

If I've misunderstood, my apology.

Would you explain your view further?

<font color="orange"> </font>
Old 09-06-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing to understand. You are calling out the partisan hacks and they are grasping at straws because you got their number pegged so acutely. This is a great thread and those who attack you are only proving your point. This forum has degenerated to point where it's completely worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly enough, I really dont understand where his comment is comming from whatsoever. But, my main fear that will happen to this country, is the possible fact that 10-15 years from now, there will be know news outlets that report anything that isnt a Michael Moore movie, or a Rush Limbaugh hour.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But you chastise the republicans for blindly following someone, yet you seem to do the same thing ...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is doubletalk.

Who is it that you believe I "blindly follow"? Give me a name, and show me how you determined that this specific person was heralded by me as an Inerrant Leader.

I can easily do this for virtually every right wing poster here, and so can even a casual reader. If you believe you can do the same for me, please do so.

Until then, your assertion of moral equivalence is unsupported.

q/q
Old 09-06-2005, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough....let me explain (without malice or bad intention) how I interpret what you're saying, and you tell me what I missed.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I took the 'you people' appelation in the above quote to be doing exactly what you say that you hate in the same quote, i.e. posturing and looking down on the other.

If I've misunderstood, my apology.

Would you explain your view further?

<font color="orange"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think I really look down on anyone, or at least enough that I dont take the time to at least, listen to what they are saying. IE. there ARE groups that I will dismiss moreso than others (Nazi's, hate groups), but I at least TRY to process what they are saying. Most people that I see on TV/Forums only process things enough, to make fun of/discredit them.

The term "you people" is just quicker than typing, people who are on this forum that talk about politics etc. Semantics and time-saving, not malice was my intention.